1/24 Revell Mercedes 300 SLR Mille Miglia Stirling Moss Tribute

After hearing about the sad passing of the great Stirling Moss, I had to bring this kit out of hibernation; it’s been in my stash for the past 5 years, looks a superb kit, one of Revells better offering I think. I will try and make a start on it later this week.

gXgS0Ll.jpg

• Like 7

I had a go at the Uhlenhaut gullwing coupe last year, and I think yours is the same rolling chassis with a different body shell. 

It's a great build, a great car.... And a great Man ‼️

I'll follow along with interest and watch the progress.

21 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

I had a go at the Uhlenhaut gullwing coupe last year, and I think yours is the same rolling chassis with a different body shell. 

It's a great build, a great car.... And a great Man ‼️

I'll follow along with interest and watch the progress.

Cheers Rob,i have made good progress on the kit,i have detailed up the engine bay,and got most of the chassis built.

I will be posting my progress soon.

I ought to say, I really like the kit wheels and tyres, although "chromed" plastic isn't everyone's ideal! 

I omitted the centre part though, I thought it was getting a bit crowded with spokes! 

I mounted mine on Ali tube hub inserts because I want to share them with an Alfa Romeo 159. That was the SMER kit(!) derived from the ancient Merit kit. 

These Mercedes wheels and tyres are perfect for it and really improve the look. 

I wish Revell would do a run of them to market as accessories. They suit so many 1950s cars. 

Anyway.... Carry on there 😎

Hi guys, I have been making steady progress on this kit, it dates back to 1992, it has the usual Revell good and not so good points, but overall not too bad for its age, however I could have done without the sprue numbers being scattered all over different sprue trees. Anyway the engine bay was a bit sparce to say the least, so I added lots of wiring and found some rubber o rings from my spares box, that once cut were made into scale looking water pipes. The engine is tilted on its side so gave lots of space to add details. I sprayed the body with a black basecoat to allow me to sand all the mold lines and then it will get another black basecoat which will ready the body for the silver paint.

4s9shFA.jpg
BmjNr5r.jpg
fbI6zv3.jpg
IHeoxMG.jpg
vbSYqx4.jpg
AAInS7c.jpg
J33i8Dw.jpg
rX9PP3f.jpg

• Like 8