1/48 Barracuda Mk.II - SpHobby

Hi...Cruelly weak model, I have a profi version plus a large set from BrenGun. As for 48, it's even weak with additions. The surface have engraved panel lines, but poor. The middle cockpit is empty. So far, I have been reveted whole model and played with the interior .....
It will be from Operation Tungsten (I think, because Asian kamo blinks seductively), the first and basically the only effective attack on Tirpitz for me.

Mi9qCHHh.jpg
KaptmOSh.jpg
x7V7T9gh.jpg
HbtdY1Nh.jpg
Zl1mnG3h.jpg
UQORsnPh.jpg
LVJGeKXh.jpg
CR0pdkmh.jpg
AfHvjmfh.jpg
ld7ToPVh.jpg
356rmFrh.jpg
fjoIME8h.jpg
VrzaXDuh.jpg
iUlZYJvh.jpg
0DGY3fLh.jpg
JWXXrnPh.jpg
ZuMKQvzh.jpg
U5cBO0Uh.jpg
A0477LDh.jpg
PfUh6wwh.jpg
j65R0VMh.jpg
562kamth.jpg
lYjBe4Ch.jpg
kHJBpdLh.jpg
bqcWZkPh.jpg
nQ7tCQyh.jpg
wNDaXUSh.jpg
ffusPcjh.jpg
ASy6Bqah.jpg
1vUqVShh.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Jeez, Louise! I almost soiled my lederhosen, as it looked at first like you had attached the wings to the fuselage upside down- then I scrolled down...what a relief! (I thought there CAN'T be another person out there besides  me that has done something like that before!) Seriously, your 'Cuda is looking very good, and the interior is outstanding- love the pilot's seat cushion!

Mike

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nickthebrief said:

What references do you have? I really struggled to find pictures of the interior...?

Cheers.

Nick.

Well, I prepare every project for a long time, sometimes the documentation collect for several years. In this case, the pictures generaly found on the webs

11 hours ago, Jurek Greinert said:

btw what role the windows in the forehead of the wing played?????

I recall we had a forum discussion on this a while back, but for the life of me, I can't recall what was decided about the function of those windows. You could search the website for the topic discussion, or maybe one of the members who posted comments might see this and post a link to the discussion. Your model is going to be a real stunner, if your  WIP is any indication!

Mike

See this thread.  Post 75 contains the closest we got to an answer:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234925562-barracuda-mystery/page/3/

Some useful detail photos in the thread as well.