1/72 Airfix Heron

Now THIS is beautiful, Neil! WOW. Very nice work on the Herron. She's such a clunkily beautiful bird. Have not built this kit, but I think Airfix has done pretty well in giving you a canvas from which to produce something really nice. Love the detailing, too. :clap:

Hi Neil,

I absolutely love this! The work you've put into improving the original kit has paid off in bucket loads. 

So much extra detail and a superb finish make this stand out as the best civil build this year for me.

Looking forward to more!!

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Turbofan
  • Like 1

Very nice build, you would not think it was built from such an old kit. I remember bring given one when I was about 10 and it wasn't a new kit then. 

1 minute ago, Billy54 said:

Absolutely incredible build, thank you for sharing. I followed your build in the WIP thread and was amazed and inspired by your work.

Astonishing build from a 1959 mould. That’s 60, yes 60 years ago and the finished product looks like a kit from this century.  I think that’s one of the best “updates” I have seen in a long time  

👏 

• Like 2

Hello, Neil -

Difficult to add anything different to what has already been said - I'll simply say stunning job on your Heron - well done!

Regards

Dave