Airfix de Havilland Mosquito Pr.XVI

Hi all, hope you all are ok and safe...

This is my first completed model during my quarantine here in Spain (started several months ago).

I bought this one because of the color scheme, without knowing anything about the sprues or reviews, etc. so it was a surprise when I opened the box.

Airfix did a strange thing with this product, I don't mean it's a bad thing, but at least strange. Half of the sprues are from the '70s and half are modern ones, designed for this D-Day edition...

I think it had been better to design completely a new one model, if you plan to design the half of the sprues (the fuselage, and the top part of the wings, mainly).

I must say that the old moulds almost haves a more crisp and fin details, except for the outside panel lines. The new parts haves modern negative panel lines, but a bit oversized.

There had been some serious fitting problems, specially with the wings, and a lot of putty and sanding, and again sanding. 

But I think at the end it turn out nice. I must say that it had been in some points a bit painful, but in the other hand is a nice project to test my skills...

I completed the model with a set of PE from Eduard designed for a Tamiya kit, and a bit of scratch, specially in the cockpit.

The bad part is that behind the glass and the fuselage it will be all this work hidden.

May be the thing I like more of my build is the cockpit, with all that wiring and scratch added to de PE, it had been very pleasant to do. 

I had follow some points on the page Scalespot.com and his beautiful Mossie in 1/32 from HKM for the references specially in the cockpit parts.

Also added some scratch to the wheel bay and landing hear, because out of the box is very simple. Also rivet works by me, and I split the back control surfaces to have a more dynamic form.

The decals are very hard to work with Mr Mark Setter/Softer and they are very thick...

Well, I hope you like it. Thanks for take a look...

Ricardo.

spacer.png

Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI

Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI

Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito Pr. XVI

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1