A20-G Havoc

Another build finally completed ... I started this as part of the D-Day GB last year ... then work , life etc took over !! , but now its complete, it joins my 1/72nd collection of USAF aircraft based in Essex during WW2 , As with every kit, its a learning curve and a relaxing hobby, constructive comments always welcome :)

One day I will build a photo booth / base to make pictures more interesting !! 

Aircraft s/n 43-10208  5D-S  : ‘ Es for Sugar’.  644th Bomb Squadron part of 410th Bomb Group based at RAF Gosfield (near Braintree) with secondary runway at RAF Birch

eEy4ckm.jpg

aKwFDnE.jpg

97lSZC0.jpg

CWoxVSo.jpg

nYyJICr.jpg

• Like 47

27 minutes ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Beautiful.  I understand the kit is somewhat pugnacious and will fight any modeller who attempts to build it; I hope the one in my stash turns out almost as well as yours.

Yes it was a challenge in places - plenty of dry fitting , sanding , dry fitting again , filling sanding etc , there are a couple areas I cold have got better and the final fight with the PE was fun(ish) ... not ! Fat fingers - small PE and superglue it not a good combo :), but the end result came out looking like a Havoc

Well done.  I tried to build this kit and ended up throwing it into the wall.  I`m jealous and envious of your ability to create a masterpiece with this kit.  :goodjob: :clap:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Lovely work. I have a hankering to build something with a faded and weathered OD finish but I've not yet taken the plunge. Your model has inspired me to look through the stash and see what I can at last try.

What paints did you use?

Cheers

• Thanks 1