Jaguar prototypes XW560 & XW563

Blacktjet

Does anyone have pictures or a link to pictures of the top of either or both of these aircraft? Looking for camouflage pattern, roundels size/position etc. I think I've just about exhausted the net and my only Jag book must have gone on permanent loan to someone!

Thanks

I built a conversion of XW560/S06 for a magazine article a few years back and among my references had a clipping from the January 1970 Volume 26 Issue 1 issue of Flying Review International , Jaguar - The Sepecat Cat which had a series of mainly colour images of the aircraft when it was rolled out , cannot lay my hands on it as this moment but if you think it may help will delve further.

32 minutes ago, Des said:

I built a conversion of XW560/S06 for a magazine article a few years back and among my references had a clipping from the January 1970 Volume 26 Issue 1 issue of Flying Review International , Jaguar - The Sepecat Cat which had a series of mainly colour images of the aircraft when it was rolled out , cannot lay my hands on it as this moment but if you think it may help will delve further.

I've now got a couple of b&w pics thanks to David above but colour pics are always handy, if you can lay your hands on them. 

26 minutes ago, Blacktjet said:

I've now got a couple of b&w pics thanks to David above but colour pics are always handy, if you can lay your hands on them. 

Will get my miners helmet and lamp on find a shovel and start digging , back in touch once I have them.

Blacktjet

Here's a link you may find useful as the actual aircraft's cockpit due to it's Boscombe Down heritage is with us at:

http://www.boscombedownaviationcollection.co.uk/Index_files/Page4786.htm

We have some photos on display of said a/c but unfortunately we are closed due to you know what at present... the finish has been researched fully by our technical guys so should be as accurate as you could get to original.

Hope you are getting what you require, and keep on modelling, I'm sure we're all doing it!

Regards

Rob

This is only colour photo I have (XW560)- from World Air Power Journal. Sorry about quality of pic - I can't get the volume flat on my scanner without breaking the binding. You may already have seen this pic - apologies if it is a duplicate but hope it helps....

49773120877_d27c3aef1c_b.jpgXW560 by Niall Robertson, on Flickr

I had another pic of XW563 but it is from much later in its career with chisel nose / revised fin etc, ( as Jaguar International Demonstrator ) so not really relevant to your request...

Best,

Q

Although black and white, there are a couple of pictures of S06 (XW560) in the Ian Allan MOdern Combat Aircraft Vol14 SEPECAT Jaguar, which show the top sides of the cam scheme the left in one and the right in the other. If you would like I could try and scan them for you.

21 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

I assume Airfix had access to official colouring plans?

Trevor

Airfix's camouflage pattern is pure fiction I'm afraid - or maybe based on an early artist impression.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Reparty said:

Jaguar XW560 over Warton October 1969.

Not sure what the white patches are though. Inspection labels?

Airflow tuft mountings?

Cheers,

Andre

2 hours ago, Reparty said:

Jaguar XW560 over Warton October 1969.

Not sure what the white patches are though. Inspection labels?

spacer.png

Ditto for the white (?) area on rear empennage

spacer.png

The white patches are a white background to all the warning and "NO STEP" stencils, they only appear on XW560. The white? arear applied to the rear of XW560 may have been for photographic reference, it was removed once the taller fin was added.