Lufthansa New Livery Airbus A380-800, Revell 1:144

10 minutes ago, neilg said:

DRAW decals has a sheet for the A380 in the new colours.

I bought their decal sheet for the 747-8i, before Revell released their new kit:

IMG_0253

I haven't yet got around to building it, but it's in the queue!

25 minutes ago, t15dja said:

So, I've got two in the stash, one having been started a while ago and the other as yet untouched thus:

20200413_181350

One has the original "first flight" livery and the other has the old Lufthansa scheme. 

I couldn't find the Revell kit of the Emirates version anywhere so I've bought a set of after-market decals for one of the kits. This only includes the main insignia as you can see in the photos below but at least the belly decal includes the red background, which saves the need to mask and paint the red colour,  always assuming that such a large decal will behave itself! I will also probably have to do it wheels up rather than cut the decal to fit over the gear doors. I'll then need to rob as many of the other stencil, door & window decals from the old Lufthansa set, obviously checking that they are relevant to the Emirates version. 

The gold lettering on this decal set also looks very nice.

20200413_181411

20200413_181427

20200413_181436

Regarding the other kit, I'm not sure which scheme I'm going to do it in just yet, but I am expecting to have to source a complete set of decals for it, since I wouldn't have thought many of the "first flight" set would be suitable to use for a current carrier. If I could get a complete set of the new Lufthansa scheme that you've done I'd love to do that....not sure where to get that from though!

Whichever versions I do I'll be using decals for the windows, but freely admit I may not get the blanked out windows correct. 

As far as Revell's BA decals go, here's a link to the "ready for inspection" of my BA A380, from which you'll see how Revell deals with the windows in that scheme. Some are blanked but that maybe just to reflect some being closed by the tiny passengers!

https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235046820-revell-1144-airbus-a380-british-airways/&data=02|01||3a0e745357f8419ab7ba08d7dfd93d70|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|637223996433992398&sdata=/FmSm0gyfAKUrGPt4doPnauzmVw4vVfW0/CmqUtbDfU=&reserved=0

I meant to quote you here!

11 minutes ago, neilg said:

I bought their decal sheet for the 747-8i, before Revell released their new kit:

IMG_0253

I haven't yet got around to building it, but it's in the queue!

That's great.....thanks, Neil,  I will certainly have a look at those.

I've also got Revell's 747-8 in the (ever lengthening) queue,  but that too has the old Lufthansa livery (kit no. 04275), so might look to update those as well.

You’ve done a fantastic job on this.  The wheels ‘in flight’ is a nice touch. Still can’t believe you did such a quality job in such a short time frame...  I want to get my A380 and 747-8i built before the real things stop flying!!!

Which sadly may be sooner than we thought.

Will have to look into those stands.  They look good.

14 hours ago, neilg said:

I checked on the Draw decals website.  They do indeed look excellent but it seems they will cost me about £27 to get delivered to the UK before VAT is added on, if applicable. So.....I just bought the whole 747-8 kit with the new Lufthansa decals for £22.95 and free delivery from Jadlam models!

They've also got the Emirates version of the A380 listed for the same price, but currently out of stock. That version includes the wildlife livery, but looking at the instructions the animals are separate decals so you could leave them off to get the "standard" Emirates livery. 

• Like 1

Outstanding Neil!!!!!  You made a subject ( civil airliners ) that I am not normally interested with, very interesting!!!! Don`t be surprised if the CEO of Lufthansa gives you a call asking for your stunning work of art here to be displayed at the company headquarters. 

:goodjob:

Mike

1 hour ago, Sky Keg said:

Outstanding Neil!!!!!  You made a subject ( civil airliners ) that I am not normally interested with, very interesting!!!! Don`t be surprised if the CEO of Lufthansa gives you a call asking for your stunning work of art here to be displayed at the company headquarters. 

:goodjob:

Mike

He's free to have it!

Then I can make another!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Forgot to comment on what a cracking build that is, and that I’m been inspired to have a crack at one with the original boxing on route :) probably be emirates if I win the decals

Thanks a lot, it's not a bad kit really!

Emirates is a good scheme for this one!

Where are you getting your decals from?