1/72 - McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - new boxings in 2024

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - F-4EJ released - next RF-4EJ in early 2021 - new limited boxings for JASDF F-4EJ Phantom farewell

Taking advantage of the love we all have for this jet. FineMolds with a special release of their F-4EJ which has a limited edition decal sheet and the addition of two antenna which can be seen added to the tail section sprue. Full credit to FM for adding this small difference in antenna. The "Phantom Forever" special markings are extremely hard to see in certain lighting conditions on the actual aircraft.

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/72937.html

Please note the triangular stab patches are on both top and bottom sides on this particular aircraft.

eicqnQW.jpg

wuY4tnN.jpg?1

• Like 4

6 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

The "Phantom Forever" special markings are extremely hard to see in certain lighting conditions on the actual aircraft.

No better or worse than the white JASDF "60th Anniversary" markings this aircraft wore back in 2014. I thought this aircraft, the first JASDF Phantom, had been grounded several years ago, but it looks like it is back in the air again:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9987088

Although the Phantom squadrons have been dis-established, a couple of airframes still fly at the test base at Gifu, presumably with the Test Pilot's School. Given the markings on the belly I assume they intend to fly it through at least some of 2021. And potentially as well as being the first JASDF Phantom, it may end up being the last.

> Full credit to FM for adding this small difference in antenna.

Indeed. The larger aerial is on the F-4EJkai sprue, but it was probably more cost effective to include both the new aerials on the stabilator sprue usually included in the kai boxings.

Jonathan.

Thanks Homebee for the heads up.

The great F-4E box art will spur sales of an already highly anticipated model. In that regard, HLJ has already put a Stop Order on the E as well as the RF-4EJ - meaning orders have already exceeded their expected initial allotment from FineMolds. Hobby Search, however is still taking reservations.

133248035_3576153692498942_2765536230929

So, based on the sold out status of the first releases , I recommend that  if one "needs" any/all of the four future releases, now's the time to get on the list. I haven't seen any availability outside of Japan at this point.

Gene K

• Like 3

I couldn't resist -  new desktop:

HvmCbN6.jpg

Gene K

EDIT: looks like I need to "fix" the stab metallic area to make it smaller.  And paint the inboard pylon and launchers.

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, Gene K said:

Thanks Homebee for the heads up.

The great F-4E box art will spur sales of an already highly anticipated model. In that regard, HLJ has already put a Stop Order on the E as well as the RF-4EJ - meaning orders have already exceeded their expected initial allotment from FineMolds. Hobby Search, however is still taking reservations.

133248035_3576153692498942_2765536230929

So, based on the sold out status of the first releases , I recommend that  if one "needs" any/all of the four future releases, now's the time to get on the list. I haven't seen any availability outside of Japan at this point.

Gene K

Just for this boxart I am gonna add more to my pre-orders.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CasualModel98 said:

Anyone knows if the kit in commemorative blue and yellow also contain the full weapons sprues and weapons decal like the first two kits?

I got the yellow one. There is no weapon sprue, but you would have sprue of seat belt, mirrors, etc.

17 hours ago, CasualModel98 said:

Anyone knows if the kit in commemorative blue and yellow also contain the full weapons sprues and weapons decal like the first two kits?

There are no weapons in the  first two kits ... or the commemorative kits. The weapons are a separate kit, if you are referring to these:

https://finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP39.html

Gene K

On 24/12/2020 at 17:32, baldwin8 said:

Taking advantage of the love we all have for this jet. FineMolds with a special release of their F-4EJ which has a limited edition decal sheet and the addition of two antenna which can be seen added to the tail section sprue. Full credit to FM for adding this small difference in antenna. The "Phantom Forever" special markings are extremely hard to see in certain lighting conditions on the actual aircraft.

A little reference material for the ""Phantom Forever" boxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzoNirlvARE

Jonathan.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gene K said:

Enjoyable video, but I was a little surprised at the shaky formation flying at the beginning of that clip.  :confused:

Gene K

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.  Was also surprised they didn't edit that out.  Maybe, given the Japanese weather lately, they finally got a sunny day but unfortunately, it was too windy (turbulence?).  I did enjoy the scenes taken from inside the RIO's cockpit.  Great stuff!

Edited by Jackman

On 1/16/2021 at 6:19 AM, Jackman said:

I did enjoy the scenes taken from inside the RIO's cockpit.  Great stuff!

Then you'll enjoy this from-inside-the-cockpit video. It's 360VR, so use your mouse to look around while the video is running! I haven't (yet) found a similar 360 video of the JASDF Phantoms. That is an amazing 2015 video ... even better video technology exists these days! 

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - F-4EJ released - next RF-4EJ & F-4E in early 2021

Next boxings and release dates

Source: https://www.facebook.com/finemolds.co.jp/posts/3644858245628486

- ref. FP40 - McDD F-4EJ Kai Phantom II - JASDF 8Sqn - release February 15th,  2021

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP40.html

4536318720409_00-2.jpg

- ref. FP41 - McDD F-4E Phantom II (early) - USAF Vietnam War  - release March 8th, 2021 

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP41.html

4536318720416_00-2.jpg

V.P.

• Like 3

I just received the F-4EJ Kai 2020 Special Marking (Blue). In my experience, this is the finest F-4 kit I've ever seen in this scale. Haven't built it yet, of course, so I don't know how it goes together. But it sure looks sweet! I can't wait to see how many more versions FineMolds produce.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I wonder how the FM kit compares with the Hasegawa offering ?

I don't know if Fine Molds will produce other Phantoms (B,C,D,H and G) ?

We are still waiting also for the first Phantom II, the F4H (never produced in 1/72 and in plastic

All the Best,

Violet Club