1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - new boxings F4D & E in March 2024

Homebee

1 hour ago, baldwin8 said:

FineMolds ambitious F-4 family continues with a Tweet of the work for FP-42. Their largest plastic update to the kit.

Thanks Craig.

I could find the thumbnail for that Tweet, but not the actual Tweet where I could see the details in higher resolution. Or is that just a screenshot of a FineMolds internal working file?

A couple of weeks ago, FM delayed the USAF F-4E release by a month to March 8th, but the FP42 RF-4EJ is still remains listed as a March issue  ... with no specific date, so hopefully it is still on track. I also noted, however, that the separate product page for the RF-4EJ is no longer available on the FM site.

Gene K

My FP40 F-4EJ (Sea Camo) from HobbySearch should be in my hands by Monday. :penguin:Nothing more than I new decal sheet, I suppose.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - F-4EJ released - next RF-4EJ & F-4E in March-April 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - F-4EJ released - next: F-4E & RF-4EJ in March & April 2021
On 2/3/2021 at 10:42 AM, CharlieGolf2009 said:

I have to agree with Gene. Although I have over two dozen Hasegawa Phantoms, I decided to buy a couple of FM's and indeed they are amazing and (much) easier to build. Like Gene, I also have a soft spot for Hasegawa's F-4's, so mine aren't going nowhere. 😀

Let's hope FM decides to do in the near future the F-4G Wild Weasel also, but with the option for the later clear curved windshield.

spacer.png

Given the on-off (mostly off) availability of the Hasegawa F-4G, a Fine Molds version would be a license to print money.

Regards,

Murph

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Onetogo said:

Thanks, Those links are not  friendly for non-Facebook types like myself.

Latest update to the FineMolds F-4E page on their website  shows two decal option profiles as well as the decals themselves:

4536318720416_07-1.jpg

4536318720416_08-1.jpg

Nice!

Gene K

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, amos brierley said:

Can I ask today’s silly question, I’ve tried to find out the answer on my own. Is there a UK importer /  retailer?

I don't think there is an importer, or there wasn't one a while back but I would also love to know if there is a retailer stocking them. I know PM Models stocked the F-14 when it came out but I think they were only in limited numbers.

My Ocean Scheme a/c arrived this morning. One week from payment and airmail from Japan at a total cost of £33 - as the kit itself was below £25 there was no VAT/ excise duty/Post Office handling fee.

Much praise to Hobby Link for the excellent service and the UK Post Office who managed to deliver it when my wife was out! I just have to work out what I have in the paint store to paint the beast!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

My Ocean Scheme a/c arrived this morning. One week from payment and airmail from Japan at a total cost of £33 - as the kit itself was below £25 there was no VAT/ excise duty/Post Office handling fee.

Much praise to Hobby Link for the excellent service and the UK Post Office who managed to deliver it when my wife was out! I just have to work out what I have in the paint store to paint the beast!

Thanks for that. Where does the £25 come from, I thought VAT is payable on everything now unless it's a gift under £39 in value?

I think (!!!!!) that if something is less than £25 the duty gets ignored - I am probably/possibly wrong. (Haven't we got a free trade agreement with Japan anyway?)

When you think the Italeri/Esci rebox (40 years old but still good) is the only other long nose F-4 easily available and that's £25+ it was worth getting the FineMolds kit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

I think (!!!!!) that if something is less than £25 the duty gets ignored - I am probably/possibly wrong. (Haven't we got a free trade agreement with Japan anyway?)

When you think the Italeri/Esci rebox (40 years old but still good) is the only other long nose F-4 easily available and that's £25+ it was worth getting the FineMolds kit.

We do have a free trade agreement with Japan, but I don't know the details of what it effects. Under the old rules anytime I went over the £15 limit I always got charged ( once it was under £16!) , but I know some people didn't in other parts of the country. Maybe I'll just order one and see what happens.

On 2/23/2021 at 8:02 AM, ho590hm said:

HLJ have the F-4E on order stop already as available pre-order slots filled.

Release quoted as March 2021.

Yes, BUT :thumbsup:

In general, it's  easy enough to get kits from sellers like HLJ and HobbySearch -- 

provided  you reserve before  "Stop Order". Even then, you stand a good chance of successfully ordering as soon as the kits are in stock.  The updated FM Phantom release dates are published on the  FineMolds site, and YES, they sell out quickly.  Scheduled release date for the F-4E is March 8, so be at the ready. 

Backorders are not likely to be filled soon since smallish FM is probably at capacity turning out new Phantom kits.

Of course be prepared for high $$ COVID shipping options. 

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gene K said:

Yes, BUT :thumbsup:

I previously posted the following on ARC:

Good point about FM being maxed out.

It spite of perceived appearances, due to high quality products and a large local market, they are an extremely small company, and only possess a low number of mould machines, therefore will be working flat out right now. 

Don't forget that they will have other kits to manufacture too, so at present it is a difficult balance for them.

Hopefully, pushy modellers wanting yet more variants of F-4 kits, will not.push FM into cutting corners. Remember, money is not the be all and end all

Andy

Andy

• Like 4

On 2/24/2021 at 2:41 AM, Red Dot said:

Good point about FM being maxed out.

Some one has forgotten to tell FineMolds. Three new sprues?

FM Twitter "Ah ~. Even though the development of new products is progressing, it is stressful that I can not tell you ~"

EtjRIi7.jpg?1

iBIGh4y.jpg?1

mCbLDrY.jpg?1

10 hours ago, CasualModel98 said:

For those of you who ordered from Frome Model Centre, happy modelling!

https://www.facebook.com/FromeModelC/photos/a.1516875484989394/4065064140170503/

where the heck is Frome?  I looked it up on the map, its literally in the middle of nowhere! Ha ha

Some one in the UK that stocks Fine Molds, cool thanks for that.

EDIT - Doesn't seem to be any Fine Molds Phantoms on their website though, well none that I can find. It doesn't help that their search function is pretty bad and when you select post war aircraft kits all you get is 4 ship kits!

16 hours ago, CasualModel98 said:

For those of you who ordered from Frome Model Centre, happy modelling!

spacer.png

https://www.facebook.com/FromeModelC/photos/a.1516875484989394/4065064140170503/

where the heck is Frome?  I looked it up on the map, its literally in the middle of nowhere! Ha ha

Where's Frome?  Just down the road from me, that's where!!!!  Now I know they have Fine Molds Phantoms I'll be camping outside their door, waiting for them to re-open after lockdown (whenever that is)

Now I know they have Fine

17 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

...  I'll be camping outside their door, waiting for them to re-open after lockdown (whenever that is)

Is there a secret back door which has a peep hole through which you can whisper an unlock code? :hmmm:

Gene K

• Haha 1