Jump to content

1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4EJ & E released - F-4C/D/J in August & September 2021


Recommended Posts

Finemolds is to release from August 2020 new tool 1/72nd McDD (R)F-4E/EJ Phantom II kits.

Source: http://www.finemolds.co.jp/202006-08NEW.html

 

1500x500.jpg

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap

 

- ref. FP37 - McDD F-4EJ Phantom II - JASDF - released

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP37.html

 

4536318720379_01-1.jpg

 

- ref. FP38 - McDD F-4EJ Phantom II - JASDF - released

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP38.html

 

4536318720386_01-1.jpg

 

- ref. FP40 - McDD F-4EJ Kai Phantom II - JASDF - released

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP40.html 

 

4536318720409_00-2.jpg

 

- ref. FP41 - McDD F-4E Phantom II (early) - USAF - released

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP41.html

 

4536318720416_00-2.jpg

 

- ref. FP42 - McDD RF-4EJ Phantom II - JASDF - released

https://finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP42.html

 

4536318720423-00-1.jpg 

 

- ref. FP43S - McDD F-4J Phantom II - US Navy - VF-114 "Aardvark" - release August 2021

https://finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP43.html

 

a37e2696bcb0dca1dbe7860ef00af46f-Rswh-W4

 

 

- ref. FP46S - McDD F-4C Phantom II - Air National Guard - release August 2021

https://finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP46S.html

 

0261f7ca14f1749ce2ee3cc609078c63-WESO4x-

 

 

- ref. FP47S - McDD F-4D Phantom II - USAF - First MiG Ace" - release September 2021

https://finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP47S.html

 

cc758c94e21f2cedf11447fa2cf9ddb0-os-YUmx

 

 

- ref. 72838 - MccDD F-4EJ Kai Phantom II - JASDF Last Flight Memorial “Blue” - released

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/72838.html

 

4536318728382_00-3.jpg

 

- ref. 72843 - MccDD F-4J Phantom II - US Marines - VMFAT-101 "Marlins" - release September 2021

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/72843.html

 

9c3f40c966642a6f4e2349329d76e1da-Oa1-K0z

 

- ref. 72937 - MccDD F-4EJ Kai Phantom II - JASDF Phantom  Forever, Thank you 1971-2021 - released

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/72937.html

 

4536318729372-00-1.jpg

 

- ref. 72938 - MccDD F-4EJ Kai Phantom II - JASDF Last Flight Memorial “Yellow” - released

https://www.finemolds.co.jp/FP/72938.html

 

4536318729389_00-3.jpg

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Connected or not to the Platz project?

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235037980-172-mcdonnell-douglas-f-4ej-phantom-ii-new-tool-by-platz-release-in-2019/

 

V.P.

 

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Says “New Made Products”

Wonder what the provenances of the Buffalo and Bf 109E-7 are?

 

FineMolds2020

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

New molds

Source: https://www.facebook.com/finemolds.co.jp/videos/816205588884924

 

Quote

で、いつも通りF-4EJ&EJ改も、金型から量産までオール国内生産(というかほぼ東三河産)

金型も絶賛加工中です!
良い製品になるよう頑張っていますので、何卒宜しくお願いいたします!

 

V.P.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Schemes

Source: https://www.facebook.com/finemolds.co.jp/posts/2834042573376728

 

Quote

今日発表した新製品
1/72 航空自衛隊 F-4EJ
1/72 航空自衛隊 F-4EJ改

は完全新金型&完全新設計です!
マーキングはそれぞれ2種類付属します。

また、航空自衛隊ミサイルセットも同じく完全新金型&完全新設計、ピトー管セットも新設計&専用設計です(機首ピトー管基部が傘状になってるのが専用設計)

なにとぞご予約をお願いします!!

営業S

New product I announced today
1/72 Air Self Defense Force F-4 EJ
1/72 Air Self Defense Force F-4 EJ revised

Is a complete new gold type & a complete new design!
Each marking belongs to 2 types.

Also, the air self-Defense Force Missile Set is also the same new gold type & fully new design, and the pyo set is also a new design & Exclusive Design (it is a dedicated design that the base of the nose pipe is an umbrella warrant)

Please make a reservation!!

Business s

 

92727638-2834040523376933-50088261265716

 

92361283-2834041640043488-43175807712598

 

93649271-2834041696710149-27675702299648

 

 

92874468-2834042026710116-44793701706655

 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news! Yet another F-4EJ but I'm not complaining. I wonder if Finemolds already has plans for F-4E slatted versions. 

 

I wonder if they had help from this guy who has painstakingly measured nose profiles of the different versions and compared them to current kits. 

 

In any case, very much looking forward to this one!

 

Jay

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 7:43 AM, Mountain goat said:

I wonder if they had help from this guy who has painstakingly measured nose profiles of the different versions and compared them to current kits. 

Quite an undertaking by that fellow! I enjoyed his take on the Airfix Phantom, first saying it was very good, and then fixing most of the things that are wrong ... to produce a stunning model.

 

I personally love the Hasegawa 1/72 Phantoms with all their challenges. I was disappointed with the latest Airfix and Academy kits as well as Platz's no-show, so am "highly hopeful" once again, especially given the more-than-fine quality of FineMolds' kits.

 

Gene K

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 1:46 AM, Homebee said:

Interesting question! Could be a great collaboration between two really good companies ...  I think.

 

Gene K

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

 

QJYbVgW.jpg?1

 

 Thanks, this looks really good. Other manufacturers, take note: this is how the splitter plate is supposed to look..! 

 

Jay

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Jay,  Beyond belief that the Bleed Air Holes are there in such detail. Craig counted 12,500 on each ramp.

 

I don't do Facebook or Tweet, so scoured the challenging FineMolds website looking for additional pictures, and found this most interesting in-progress shot of the molds -- mostly the wings:

 

6FbEPw8.jpg

 

I couldn't pick much out:  separate EJ and Kai outer wings; flaps and ailerons molded in; and open Aux Air Doors. Hopefully the speed brakes will be open. 

 

And a couple of other Twitter shots:

JjhvOLN.jpg and 0m4mZOt.jpg

 

I'm looking forward to more of such shots being posted in the coming weeks. This is one kit I'm super excited to get, and I'm sure it will exceed my expectations!

 

Gene K

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Craig posted some new pictures on another site, and I'm sure he'll will post them here shortly. Added to that:

 

According to Google Chrome's Translate to English feature,  FineMolds  has done mold testing , and adjustments are being made.

 

I also found this WOW on the FineMolds site:

 

d22hfxA.jpg

 

 

and this:

 

9CoUazp.jpg

 

Trying to figure out what part #13 in the first picture is.

 

Will have a hard time containing myself until the supposed August release.  :penguin:

 

Gene K

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go. I don't know where my time goes sometimes. I will try and post whatever I see and curious what future releases they anticipate.

 

6PhKIgB.jpg?1

 

nTRixcP.jpg?1

 

Rrtmjun.jpg?1

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The pictures show a work of beauty coming to fruition. Amazing detail.

 

23 hours ago, Gene K said:

Yes, Jay,  Beyond belief that the Bleed Air Holes are there in such detail. Craig counted 12,500 on each ramp.

 

I don't do Facebook or Tweet, so scoured the challenging FineMolds website looking for additional pictures, and found this most interesting in-progress shot of the molds -- mostly the wings:

 

6FbEPw8.jpg

 

I couldn't pick much out:  separate EJ and Kai outer wings; flaps and ailerons molded in; and open Aux Air Doors. Hopefully the speed brakes will be open. 

The Kai outer wings being on a separate smaller sprue perhaps makes the possibility of a slatted version more likely. Regarding the speed brakes: maybe I'm not seeing clearly but in the image above I cab only recognise cavities where the landing gear bay should be , however sadly nothing directly behind that, just flatness...

 

Jay

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

The Kai outer wings being on a separate smaller sprue perhaps makes the possibility of a slatted version more likely.

Jay,

Definitely a possibility ...  and hope. I've nudged an aftermarketeer to consider a slat set  should FineMolds indicate no slats coming. Some of us older folks have sets from old paragons like Paragon. 😀

 

Quote

  Regarding the speed brakes ... sadly nothing directly behind that, just flatness...

 

But if that's the "inside of the underside", there could be speed brake recesses on the bottom ... think?   Given FineMolds' penchant for detail, I'll bet they made provisions for the speed brakes. If not, I have a Dremel Tool and a fair number of Monogram pieces in waiting.

 

Gene K

 

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked this off the FineMolds website today - Inboard Pylon. Not much, but maybe some other F-4 fans will enjoy following the mold development.

 

spacer.png

 

Gene K

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gene K said:

Picked this off the FineMolds website today - Inboard Pylon. Not much, but maybe some other F-4 fans will enjoy following the mold development.

Thank you! Please keep them coming! If I had not already seen any other moulds, the detail in that pylon alone would have been a sell. Amazing. Good on FineMolds for sharing this info.

 

Jay

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 2:43 PM, Mountain goat said:

Great news! Yet another F-4EJ but I'm not complaining. I wonder if Finemolds already has plans for F-4E slatted versions. 

 

I wonder if they had help from this guy who has painstakingly measured nose profiles of the different versions and compared them to current kits. 

 

In any case, very much looking forward to this one!

 

Jay

Indeed his research may have been used: looking at the newer colour scheme side-views; the upper curve of the nose section meets the windscreen in exactly the right way for long-nose Phantoms. I think he's called Soyuyo> Anyway he makes clear the windscreen does not sit atop the forward fuselage as with the short-nosed variants - instead it sits slightly 'buried' between the nose section skin. I would like to place the image explaining all this below - though his website is very much worth visiting if you like Phantoms.

 

f4058.png

 

COPYRIGHT SOYUYO

 

fnmfp-37_0.jpg

 

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Indeed his research may have been used: looking at the newer colour scheme side-views; the upper curve of the nose section meets the windscreen in exactly the right way for long-nose Phantoms. I think he's called Soyuyo> Anyway he makes clear the windscreen does not sit atop the forward fuselage as with the short-nosed variants - instead it sits slightly 'buried' between the nose section skin. I would like to place the image explaining all this below - though his website is very much worth visiting if you like Phantoms.

 

f4058.png

 

COPYRIGHT SOYUYO

 

fnmfp-37_0.jpg

 

Jay

No way that's noticeable in 1/48, even less in 1/72.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 3:10 AM, Mountain goat said:

 Please keep them coming!

Here's the latest from FineMolds, Jay.

 

QhmqT03.jpg

 

The drawing references you pointed to are impressive, to say  the least. 

 

Robertone 193 -- If really small details such as the front canopy locations are noted, it highlights that the rest of the drawings are likely as well researched, and as such would be a valuable resource in the reference library  of any company or individual researching a Phantom product ... in my opinion.

 

Gene K

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4EJ & E released - F-4C/D/J in August & September 2021

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...