1/72 - McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - new boxings in 2024

Homebee

My two D models arrived this morning, 12th Oct, airmail from Hobby Search in Tokyo. Only released on 5th, so I didn’t respond to payment request until 7th, they were dispatched on 8th and Parcelforce got them presumably at Heathrow the 11th. SWMBO says I’ve got to make them before buying anymore. :sad: ...there are a lot of nice schemes for D models. 

Chris

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And today I got the weapon sets; 2 missile and 1 bomb sets (much slower post). Current JASDF rhino in STGB doesn’t need any of them but future builds will. As @Gene K said they need bits from the FM F-4 kit but as I’ve now got 6 more FM F-4 in the stash that’s where they are going. I always struggle with yellow bands on the conical front of bombs so I’m pleased to have them as decals and amused by the rocker motor cover (?) decals for the ends of the sidewinders. Decals on the falcons are so nice that I’m keen to do a rhino with them under the wings and the gun pod brings back memories of the Airfix kit built as a kid.

Chris

• Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - F-4EJ in 12/2021 & 01/2022

I received my D kit today (I had to pay an extra €10 in Customs taxes); it was shipped from HLJ on October 8th.

My J kit wash shipped from HLJ on September 21st, and it's currently still lying at the Italian Customs..... :badmood:

Ciao

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Cammer625 said:

My J & E were destroyed by customs for being an illegal import (being tobacco).  Still in a tad bit of shock from this.  Currently butting my head against a seemingly indestructible bureaucratic masonry wall.  🙁

How the hell did they arrive at that conclusion? That sounds utterly bizarre. 😠

Steve.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2021 at 2:00 AM, stevehnz said:

How the hell did they arrive at that conclusion? That sounds utterly bizarre. 😠

Steve.

Must have seen the smoke from the engines on the boxart and jumped to conclusions.

They will probably also target MiGs and Sukhois for the same reason.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
On 22/11/2021 at 17:37, baldwin8 said:

December 13th 2021 release date of the special release 72737. Markings for 3 unique scheme of 306 squadron.

Pretty.

Slipping to 31st according to Plaza?

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2021 at 14:24, Chrisj2003 said:

Slipping to 31st according to Plaza?

It's the 13th, and HLJ have just sent me an email billing me for FNM72737, along with another saying the kit has arrived, so presumably not.

Unless Plaza are getting theirs later.

Jonathan.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - new F-4EJ boxing in 01/2022

Re. the F-4D - I know the box mentions 'Limited Edition', but here's hoping someone has a clue HLJ, Plaza Japan et al will stock the F-4C and F-4D again. Does anyone reckon they will? Do Fine Molds' Social Media accounts say anything about this? I missed an F-4D delivery thanks to customs. 

Jay

6 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

I missed an F-4D delivery thanks to customs.

If your budget will stretch to it, you could place a pre-order with Luchtvaart:

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/mcdonnell-douglas-f4d-phantom-the-first-mig-ace-in-the-usaf-special-edition-fine-molds-24fp47s-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=178674

In the hope that they will still be getting enough in.

Beyond that - Fine Molds invested in specific tooling to make the F-4D, so I would expect that they plan to release it again (but probably as a different special edition) to see more return from that investment.

How long it will be before they do is another matter...

Jonathan.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Do Fine Molds' Social Media accounts say anything about this?

There has been little explanation of their releases, "Limited Edition" or otherwise. Possibly further releases will be without the pilot figures, just a guess. With so many operators and schemes, endless possibilities.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Re. the F-4D - I know the box mentions 'Limited Edition', but here's hoping someone has a clue HLJ, Plaza Japan et al will stock the F-4C and F-4D again. Does anyone reckon they will? Do Fine Molds' Social Media accounts say anything about this? I missed an F-4D delivery thanks to customs. 

Jay

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10774918

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10774906

Finemolds Twitter feed had this on December 10, 2021  "Today, "1/72 US Marine Corps F-4J Fighter" Marines "[Special Equipment]" is sold out. With this, it was newly released from this summer to autumn, All four types of F-4 short nose with figures are sold out. The rest is only market inventory". As per Google translate.

My guess is if you that exact release, with pilot figure and those markings, this is your chance. They've re-released their F-14s, other than the "D".

EXr4ksi.jpg

3 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

Finemolds Twitter feed had this on December 10, 2021  "Today, "1/72 US Marine Corps F-4J Fighter" Marines "[Special Equipment]" is sold out. With this, it was newly released from this summer to autumn, All four types of F-4 short nose with figures are sold out. The rest is only market inventory". As per Google translate.

My guess is if you that exact release, with pilot figure and those markings, this is your chance. They've re-released their F-14s, other than the "D".

Cheers! I do have the vague intuition Fine Molds will rebox the short-nosed types with new decals in the not too distant future, but then again I could be confusing intuition for hope.

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

• 5 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - new F-4D & F-4EJ boxings in Summer 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - new F-4D Iranian AF in August 2022