1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - new boxings F4D & E in March 2024

Homebee

40 minutes ago, Gene K said:

Pretty amazing detail in 1/72!

Indeed! 👍

Waiting for the F-4D to be released, so that I can get it shipped together with the recently released F-4J. Might build one of the two in flight, since they have pilots :) 

Ciao

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 4:38 PM, baldwin8 said:

If I remember correctly, some modellers put a drop(very small) of dishwash soap to the water to break the surface tension of the water. I've never had the problem but as @iainpeden mentioned, possibly the hardness of the water a culprit.

Some use a drop of vinegar in the decal water. Possibly because Micro Set smells like acetic acid? I tried and it didn't make any difference I could see. Maybe that would help in a hard water zone though?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, giemme said:

Waiting for the F-4D to be released, so that I can get it shipped together with the recently released F-4J.

Get the J and the C model next week, and then get the Weapons Sets and D model next month. Makes mental and fiscal sense.:penguin:

Gene K

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Quae se habet ad bonum ei si universi qui sperant Catapultam habeo!

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Dead languages are the best!

I make that, with Google help:  'A woman who has all of them that put their trust in relation to the better for him if I have a catapult!'

Absolutely. There's no doubt about it.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I make that, with Google help:  'A woman who has all of them that put their trust in relation to the better for him if I have a catapult!'

Funny. What I input was "Good things come to him who waits, if he has a catapult." So much for machine translation.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Funny. What I input was "Good things come to him who waits, if he has a catapult." So much for machine translation.

Cheers,

Bill

"Good things" = "A woman who has all of them" 😆

Allegedly, an automatic translator was abandoned by the UN when it translated "Out of sight, out of mind" into "Invisible maniac"

• Haha 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/E/EJ & J released - F-4D in September 2021

The dates for both the  Missiles  and Bombs Weapons Sets have been announced as 22 September 2021.

E9i3K5HUYAIUweT?format=jpg&name=large

No set dates yet for The F-4D and Marine F-4J in September.

Past Fine Molds announced Phantom and accessory dates have been right on schedule.

Gene K

• Like 7

https://finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP45.html:

4536318720454_02.jpg

https://finemolds.co.jp/FP/FP44.html:

4536318720447_02.jpg

For a moment there, I was hoping the common sprue provided two sets of outboard pylons.

But as only half the outboard pylon parts include the pins to align with the wing undersurface, I guess each outboard pylon is an assembly of two parts.

Jonathan.

• Like 4

On 8/20/2021 at 2:15 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

"Good things" = "A woman who has all of them" 😆

Allegedly, an automatic translator was abandoned by the UN when it translated "Out of sight, out of mind" into "Invisible maniac"

Latin’s a dead language.

That’s plain enough to see.

It killed off all the Romans,

And now it’s killing me!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ICMF said:

... does that top outline on the pic look an awful lot like a slatted wing?

I was hoping the same thing, but not a clue in that silhouette since the slatted wing would show the main wing slat actuators at the angle posed.  That model would be the next logical step -- a late model F-4E (lots of different countries), leading the an F-4G. :hmmm:

Could be an interesting, speculative three weeks, but apparently not on this forum. :crying:

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Gene K said:

I was hoping the same thing, but not a clue in that silhouette since the slatted wing would show the main wing slat actuators at the angle posed.  That model would be the next logical step -- a late model F-4E (lots of different countries), leading the an F-4G. :hmmm:

Could be an interesting, speculative three weeks, but apparently not on this forum. :crying:

Gene K

F is following the E in alphabet. :D

• Like 2

On 31/08/2021 at 15:59, baldwin8 said:

Okay, I'm rolling the dice on this one by the image they posted, more F-4 releases.   😀

YY6BFOh.jpg

I think I see in the figure below the nose of an E or F.
But being the Revell kits so good, and especially cheap compared to Fine Molds except perhaps comparing the cockpit, is it advisable to buy the Fine Molds F?
For my taste the exterior detail of the Revell kit of the RF-4E (easily convertible into RF-4C) and F-4F is so nice that I think I would not buy the F.M.

Andrés S.