1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - new boxings F4D & E in March 2024

Homebee

7 hours ago, Gene K said:

One can get subtitles in rough (cough, cough) English ... .

A big disappointment!!: I was not able to find the road referenced in this screenshot:

h2aYtdq.png

:bye:

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Well put Jonathan.

Finemolds will take their time, and future mould tools will be based on sales to fund them. Remember, they are a very small company, and sales back up the future, not vice versa

Andy

14 hours ago, Gene K said:

A big disappointment!!: I was not able to find the road referenced in this screenshot:

h2aYtdq.png

:bye:

Gene K

Probably 🤔 this original road 😁 maked how airfield will be available as a bonus in the previously mentioned VIP version with hand-drawn instructions and wood box?

😉😁😁

After all, 🤔there is an ancient Japanese tradition of eating sushi from a woman, why, in this case, there can be no "road with ...." as airfield for the Japan  Phantom?

😉😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Probably 🤔 this original road 😁 maked how airfield will be available as a bonus in the previously mentioned VIP version with hand-drawn instructions and wood box?

😉😁😁

After all, 🤔there is an ancient Japanese tradition of eating sushi from a woman, why, in this case, there can be no "road with ...." as airfield for the Japan  Phantom?

😉😁

B.R.

Serge

Methinks this type of "special edition" could give Eduard's Royal Collection some serious competition 😆

And you thought shipping and handling was expensive before..... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"New Product F-4 EJ's decal production in progress! The Bangashira is in charge of the decal manuscript. I'm going to put a two-dimensional stuff on a-dimensional surface, so I'm actually putting it on and checking it out."  FineMolds

Vj3Nsx0.jpg?1

fg5aC6o.jpg?1

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

(I posted this on ARC)

So, while waiting for the kit ....  :waiting:

Is this a "teaser", or does the Decal Maker just have a sloppy desk with extraneous references in view?

0PJqHOE.jpg

Of course that's an F-4B:

rnSimzw.jpg

The F-4B/N would be one of the biggest steps FM would have to take if they were to expand the Phantom line since it would require significant mold work, in particular the flat wing.  Better to start the short nose variants with an F-4C/D, I think. :like:

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 4

I have an opportunity to speak with the folks inside Finemold this weekend.
If there are things you want to know about this particular kit, let me know. 
I will ask them, and post answers here as long as it is ok to release the info!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NoahKras said:

PM sent. (I suppose you would like the questions per PM right - to prevent clutter in the thread?)

Jay

15 hours ago, NoahKras said:

Outstanding! Please express to them how great it has been for us to be able follow the kit development. Relay to them how much everyone is impressed with their research, engineering, as well as their mold technology/artistry. And tell them there are high hopes that the success of these two outstanding kits will lead to the  production of further Phantom variants.

(As an aside, "respectfully" inquire why they chose to not allow dropping/opening the items that every Phantom experiences after engines shut down ... like the Speed Brakes, Ailerons and Gun Gas Purge Door).

Nice of you to offer to take our comments -- thanks. Perhaps you can also take a few pictures if they allow.

Gene K

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gene K said:

Outstanding! Please express to them how great it has been for us to be able follow the kit development. Relay to them how much everyone is impressed with their research, engineering, as well as their mold technology/artistry. And tell them there are high hopes that the success of these two outstanding kits will lead to the  production of further Phantom variants.

(As an aside, "respectfully" inquire why they chose to not allow dropping/opening the items that every Phantom experiences after engines shut down ... like the Speed Brakes, Ailerons and Gun Gas Purge Door).

Nice of you to offer to take our comments -- thanks. Perhaps you can also take a few pictures if they allow.

Gene K

thanks Gene - two aspects (in red) of this kit's development that have impressed / intrigued me as well!

• Like 2

Translated text accompanying the pic above says, "The package is ready. The package has been completed even though the assembly instructions have not been submitted yet. Seriously (sweat ". 

Hopefully we'll see the return of  somewhat  normal world-wide postal service after the kits are released (for the benefit of modellers as well as FineMolds). The only shipping options right now from Hobby Search, for example,  are surface and DHL (premium). DHL for me, of course. :waiting:

Gene K

• Like 1

On 16 September 2020 at 8:09 AM, NoahKras said:

Please ask them if they'll produce the Hughes Falcon L-41/42/43 launch rails and AIM-4D missiles for 1970s-1980s JASDF F-4EJs. Even just the launch rails would be nice — they were in use for such a long time.

With these, and maybe some ca1968-1973 ECM pods, the kit would be the go-to F-4E hardwing. 

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 7:30 PM, Gene K said:

Praise to FM for unfolding/sharing the development of this kit!

Gene K

Absolutely, and well said. 

I can't see me buying this kit as it just doesn't fall into my Phantom interest as a version sadly, however this thread has been amazing to follow just to have some insight of how a modern kit is developed, and well done Finemolds for letting us see this superb development work unfold like this.

I really hope that it sells well, and brings further Phantom versions in the future!

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 2

The kit looks very good on first sight... But - it is a inatractive japanese, never in combat used version. I know a domestic market, but why in two boxes ? Vietnam Aces or Israeli Phantoms were most attractive subject... But Japanese EJ ? Phantom is an US origin, because he NEED a US version & decals in box... Or Turkish big shark mouth Phantom´s looks too damm good ! (But Phantom II is "cursed" type - he have many plastic incarnation, but very often with non-combat AF... (Revell F-4F, now FM F-4EJ etc...). Vietnam War and Mid East wars markings and version are still ignored (not only IAF, but too IRIAF etc...) "E" Phantom II is one of most colourful fighter jet in history... And more attractive decals isn´t problem not ? So, why FM make a Japanese only, and not one Japanese and one International with markings for USA, Israel, Iran, Turkey, South Korea for example :( ? I don´t know a japanese marking is attractive for world...

19 minutes ago, AlCZ said:

it is a inatractive japanese, never in combat used version.

I don´t know a japanese marking is attractive for world...

Don't underestimate the size of the Japanese market for this kit. If you look at the Finemolds products, you will see they do cater to their home audience.

• Like 3