Just completed this one, not a bad kit at all..went together really well. The major letdown is with the instructions which are a bit vague at times, incorrect part number call outs and no paint or decal instructions for the weapons. Provided you have some reference material then you'll be fine. Paints are Vallejo Model air and Tamiya with the camo airbrushed freehand... altho it would have been a lot less stressful had I gone with masks! I also confess to missing a few of the tedious stencil decals off as I got bored! 😁

Anyway here she is, always loved the look of the beefed up F16s from Israel, Greece, Poland etc. Comments and tips appreciated. 

IMG_20200412_232139

IMG_20200412_232212

IMG_20200412_232312

IMG_20200412_232254

IMG_20200412_232230

IMG_20200412_232155

Edited by binbrook87
  • Like 35

Hi, very nice model! Turned out very convincing! My congratulations!

I also assemble this same model right now (even same weapons configuration :) ) and I do find the kit very good, but instruction is really poor with some minor parts not shown, some not numbered etc. Still with good walkaround references one can figure out everything so not much a problem.

• Thanks 1

It makes a very mean-looking machine indeed! Not an easy camouflage scheme to pull off with all those lumps and contours but you've nailed it. 

Great work 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Hi, very nice model! Turned out very convincing! My congratulations!

I also assemble this same model right now (even same weapons configuration :) ) and I do find the kit very good, but instruction is really poor with some minor parts not shown, some not numbered etc. Still with good walkaround references one can figure out everything so not much a problem.

Thank you for your kind comments. Regarding the weapons be very careful with the fins on the Rafael Spice. They've broken off so many times! Interestingly (or annoyingly) the 1/48th version has full colour paint instructions and separate weapons diagrams with full details so I don't know why they didn't use the same for this kit? 

6 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

Thank you for your kind comments. Regarding the weapons be very careful with the fins on the Rafael Spice. They've broken off so many times! Interestingly (or annoyingly) the 1/48th version has full colour paint instructions and separate weapons diagrams with full details so I don't know why they didn't use the same for this kit? 

Spice is fragile indeed with 12 stabilizers each. But so far so good.

Actually instruction has NO reference for decals placement on weapon set!!! I found an instruction for dedicated IDF weapons set on the web and will use that...

• Like 1

I have been eyeing this particular kit as a project to pair with my GWH F-15I.  The tedious and time consuming nature of the external stores and pods was well executed by you.  I will be elated of mine if it is half as good as this one. :clap2:

Mike

35 minutes ago, Sky Keg said:

I have been eyeing this particular kit as a project to pair with my GWH F-15I.  The tedious and time consuming nature of the external stores and pods was well executed by you.  I will be elated of mine if it is half as good as this one. :clap2:

Mike

Yes the stores are very tedious, normally I would leave most off but I think the Sufa needs them to look the part. Thanks for your kind comments 👍

How is the Gwh F-15i? I've been looking to get one of those

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cardiff guy said:

very nice, I notice the aircraft has the big 600gal tanks, did they and the weapons come in the kit.

regards Glenn.

Hi Glenn, thanks. All the weapons you see (and a few more) come with the kit so you've quite a choice. Not sure if all this is carried at the same time on the real aircraft but I've shown it that way

Beautiful result sir. That freehand airbrush work turned out very nice. Are all three of the upper colors Vallejo Model Air? They look really accurate.

Edited by Hobo

3 hours ago, Hobo said:

Beautiful result sir. That freehand airbrush work turned out very nice. Are all three of the upper colors Vallejo Model Air? They look really accurate.

Thanks very much! The sand is Vallejo Model Air 71.327, Green is Tamiya XF21  and the Brown Tamiya XF59. Underside is Tamiya XF80

• Like 1