1/48 - Curtiss Robin by Mikromir - 3D renders

Homebee

17 hours ago, kopperhed said:

Neat. I would like to do one up as that endurance record bird.

There were at least four..... St. Louis Robin, Greater St.Louis, Lady Rolph and Ole Miss and that's just the successful ones.

I saw that and am quite excited. Vintage civil aviation has been long overlooked. I emailed them with the suggestion of a Douglas Dolphin. It was the first successful airliner produced by Douglas and flown by ALL the services plus Argentina and Australia.  One of the few amphibians flown both Civil and Military. Think of all the possibilities of a kit like that.5" (381mm) span on that kit. The Robin is 10-1/4" (260mm). Both, decent size kits. I cant wait for this kit. 😁 The robin can also be done with a radial engine in the future. There are so many vintage civil aircraft that would be cool to see.

Edited by Otakar

• 3 months later...

Nice. There used to be a radial engined  one based at Shoreham airport  a few years ago. Not sure if its still there or hs moved on. Reg was G-BTYY and finished in red with yellow trim I think.

Interesting how this aircraft had so many versions. It will give Mikromir some good opportunities. Military and civil versions.