Revell 1/48 Seafire Mk .XV

Good morning from lockdown London.  Can I join with this lovely kit?  I think I will do the cover scheme, but still pondering...

MEc6YFyeUBQfR8PJE-3kEv9KGxrFWA55WWg8dkAj

sPWO8eFFdlz973UqKyZbZW72L5_zgcW-YOEaybkI

Icarus

Edited by Icarus
Correcting images
  • Like 4

Indeed it is - hopefully one of their better ones.

Irritatingly, I only seem to be able to share links, not images via Dropbox.  What do other people use to put their images up on Britmodelller please?

Icarus

Right - thank you for the info Dennis - I am now able to display my Google images.  Really helpful.

Having finished the little 1/144 601 Sqn Mk IX elsewhere in this Group Build, I can now focus on this lovely kit.  Initial cockpit build should be done by tonight.

Icarus.

• Like 1

OK, got the cockpit built up, then forgot to take any piccies before closing up the fuselage. so this is where we are this morning.  I have resisted the urge to add new bits (apart from a spare Eduard PE Sutton harness), and have even gone with the kit decal for the instrument panel.  This hasn't worked out too bad.  I haven't done any weathering yet - I want to make this "nearly new", so just am just planning a bit of scuffing at the wing root, and a moderate oil pin wash including in the cockpit.

-FCQtkZlxC6NEt47WyBpsEtO0aZe32QmY8YPpY0Y

-tCexv3Vj82IHRfh2Axe7U2cHFhYwJI72ccQqYTv

I hesitate to reignite the great FAA colour scheme debate that I see rumbling on online, but have tried to look up what colours would approximate best to EDSG and Slate Grey.  Given there are as many different opinions as there paint manufacturers, and with the vagaries of weathering etc, I have decided to go with what I have - Xtracolor Sky and EDSG, and Vallejo Dark Slate Grey.  They are bound to be correct by some reference photo, plus they have the advantage of being easy to spray.  I also think that as this is a nearly new a/c, they probably reflect the original colours before sun bleaching, but time will tell!

Thank you for looking and commenting,

Icarus

Edited by Icarus
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

OK, much further on with this now.  I have to say this is a lovely kit - well done Revell (Special Hobby!).

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just a bit more work to do here - unmasking the canopy, mounting it open, opening the access door (and possibly adding the two main wheels!).

Will update later when done, then add to the Gallery.  Those nice people at Eduard have replaced the missing canopy for the second 1/144 Mk IX in the dual combo, so that may be the next build (although I am also thinking of building something for the truly evocative "Journey's End GB that I see has started).

Thanks for looking,

Icarus

Edited by Icarus
  • Like 2

OK - this is now done.  As I said yesterday well done Revell/Special Hobby - what a lovely kit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

pkkogXdOX1MTcXOCNPLL_7MpqOPKQMHmdxMH7k7U

Thank you for looking - will post photo ensemble in the Gallery later.

Icarus

• Like 3