Skuld & Banpei-kun 1:8 scale

Just a starting post as I'm off into do a fase 1 clinical trial on a anti viral to combat covid 19 tomorrow, so don't expect much other than reference pictures. 

These two figures are from the anime Ah My Goddess, not something I know anything about but I picked up these from ebay very cheep for 1/8th scale figures. 

As a start I was up well before the family this morning so I go Skuld all pined and then later today I sanded and pined Banpei-kun so they are both ready for some primer. 

IMG-20200412-111214.jpg
IMG-20200412-070720.jpg
IMG-20200412-062737.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 2

If you haven’t seen the series, it’s worth a look. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen it. It’s oldish (20 years ago) but appeals to anyone who might be engineering inclined and was a bit nerdy in school. 

long story short, main character Keiichi has a poor self image, loves motorcycles and racing. Usually taken advantage of by others. Dials a wrong number for take away and instead gets connected the the “Goddess Helpline”. Entitled to one wish...things go awry shortly after. 

the manga this was based on ran for 25 years. The author had a thing for all things mechanical, especially older BMW motorcycles. The art work attention to detail  is incredible.

if you liked these figures check others that existed at one time. Look up “Belldandy, Urd, or Skuld” the three sisters.

Edited by Bejay53
  • Thanks 2

Old BMW motor bikes now that I can relate two, thanks for the info. I have had a quick look on TY and have a few more ideas on colours for Skuld and the idea of Skuld sitting on and old bike or parts of a bike really applies more than the kit display. 

Didn't get picked for the clinical test so I'm back home and have done a bit of painting today. 

Skin tone pre shaded a bit with some bark pink and then vallejo pale fesh and highlighted with by adding some white, it's very subtle but it's there even if you can see on the picture. Also painted the dress blue using a mix of turquoise, royal purple and white,all done with the airbrush I will probably paint the socks and shoes by hand next or maybe do the eyes.... Eeek. Not looking forward to doing those as it will be a first for me. 

IMG-20200414-160712.jpg
IMG-20200414-160729.jpg
IMG-20200414-141251.jpg
IMG-20200414-135125.jpg
IMG-20200414-161104.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Looks cracking so far Brian, the girl looks good especially the eyes :yes:

Thanks mate. 

Covid19 stops play at my house...... Garage door broken so I can vent room and fask mask filter torn and can not buy anymore. 😭😭😭😭

Now what have I got that I can brush paint..... Space Marines or 1/72 biplanes? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I got a new spray booth for my birthday the other week I have got to try it out this morning using some laquer paints, so Banpei-kun is being painted. 

Here he is on a base. 

IMG-20200522-141315.jpg

• Like 1

All glossed and I had to pin Banpei-kun down to the base using 2 clothes pins. Give this all a bit of time to dry and I with add Skuld to finish.

I should say my thoughts behind the ruff cut wood base, I was hoping it would give a nice contrast between the gloss figures and the wood. 

IMG-20200522-155729.jpg
IMG-20200522-155934.jpg

• Like 1