Lancia LC1 1/24

So one of projects that I have been planning to start long time.  So Lancia LC1 was only used in 1982 in Endurance World Champion series. Also it was last Gr.5 car to be built when Group C started to take it place.

Engine was development from Montecarlo Turbo 1.4 engine used in previous seasons.

LC1 weighted only 640Kg and had 450hp so power to weight ratio was impressive.

Lancia built only four LC1s, with three cars securing victories. The first came at the 1982 Silverstone 6 Hours, beating the Porsche 956 Group C at its debut race, with victories following at the 1982 Nurburgring 1000 km and 1982 Mugello 1000 km, an important victory on home soil for the Italians.

And in first post we need to look what is in the box.

Instruction sheet:

pzMv6C5.gif

And nicely moulded parts waiting assembly

ZYTrN79.jpg

So let see what welcome out from this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the kit by 'Layos':

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/layos-design-ld-24001-lancia-lc1-group-6-martini-racing--160766

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t1081328-new_brand_layos_design.html     (The Photobucket photo links still work - amazing!)

The kit is from 2012, so maybe it's out of production now? Or maybe you can still buy it straight from the manufacturer?

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Lot of my modelling have been on hold this year, for several reasons. Work, moving house etc. But now I have time to start to projects again.

So let's make first update in this project. So I cut some plastic this evening. So floor is 2mm sheet and I will tomorrow make space for front wheels in the morning.

Basic shape for frame is done 0.5mm sheet. I try build something there also tomorrow.

Stay safe fellow modellers.

7ivD1kw.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Great to see the LC1 being modelled.

There is a fabulous book on the LC1 published by RC Books. It is called Lancia Sport GR.6 (LC/1). The book has scale drawings of all of the systems on the car and loads of detail and period race photos. 

Good luck with the build.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There was a really nice 1/24 kit of the Le Mans bodied LC1 made by LMP/Little Garage. I have one that I built several years ago ( I will post images when I work out how to do it )

• 7 months later...

This is fascinating - really an interesting subject to build.   In addition to the suspension, the front/nose of the monocoque (if that's what they are called with this type of car) will be really nice to see - almost a shame to cover with the body! lots of odd shapes and plenty of rivets!  

Looking forward to seeing you pull this together!

Cheers

Nick 

• Like 1