1/72 Hasegawa Mitsubish F-2A 3SQ Anniversary

Hi there.

Here is my latest model, a 1/72 Mitsubishi F-2A in a colourful 3SQ anniversay scheme. Built from the Hasegawa corresponding boxing. I had to order an aftermarket decal sheet as my kit decals had a green colour shift and Microsol destroyed my blue paint coat on application anyway.

MrColor JASDF colour set, DXM decals, Eduard etch, Hasegawa 3D printed exhaust and minor cockpit scratch.

Hope you enjoy the plane and stay safe!

BBqc2hl.jpg
H3ZE83T.jpg
DaEaqMj.jpg
0RHNGEX.jpg
UptCDlt.jpg
CoetpcX.jpg
VqOXeBH.jpg
3ViKsZt.jpg
5fXwogh.jpg
0YdNAtK.jpg
pM8wmhc.jpg
HeQQVJg.jpg
yWwk5hf.jpg
dSIB9Of.jpg

Edited by gota
  • Like 27

Great finish you have certainly mastered the art of paying down multiple decals and achieving a smooth look.

Regards

Robert

• Thanks 1

Great work on this! Curious about your comment regarding Micro Sol destroying the paint - I have the same paint set for a couple upcoming projects. You have any idea what went wrong? I've used Sol on some Mr. Colors before without issue. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the positive comments!

6 hours ago, Shin said:

Great work on this! Curious about your comment regarding Micro Sol destroying the paint - I have the same paint set for a couple upcoming projects. You have any idea what went wrong? I've used Sol on some Mr. Colors before without issue. 

So have I, I usually skip the varnish before decals part! I'm not sure what happened here, either the paint is a different formula than the rest of their line, or perhaps it's just a matter of my coats being too thin. Either way, microsol just erased the paint back to the grey surfacer. A coat of gloss fixed that issue. The discoloration is visible in a couple places where I didn't apply the gloss evenly, like on the tail in front of the face.

• Thanks 1