Mk.A Whippet. Meng 1/35

8 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

That is so good I would most definitely leave it alone!!  The suggestion of parts being left grey was just a theory as far as I know, rather than definite fact.  Roofs are rarely seen and rear views are inconclusive.  But it is not without some logic.

No-one knows exactly what the Solomon colours were either.  Those were applied at Central Workshops, not at factories. It is entirely plausible that the ingredients were sourced in France.  Such colours would not have been in the supply inventory of the day as nothing the Army had would have been painted such colours. It is also plausible that Solomon J Solomon used his knowledge of the art supply world to arrange the supply of the ingredients for his colours from the UK.

Ok, I will leave as is. To be honest I wasn't relishing the thought of repainting.

Once again thank you for your input.

21 minutes ago, Duckwizard said:

It's almost finished, working on a little base for it right now. :)

(BTW: This ist my Mark I (female).)

Very nice Mk.I Michael.

I think that was probably one of my favorite builds so far. I must get round to finishing it but like you I want to build a base for it which is holding up proceedings.

Looking forwards to seeing your Whippet soon then.

Wayne

• Like 1

Hi Wayne. That really is a superb looking Whippet!! Beautifully modelled and painted and your weathering and finish is some of the best I have seen! Awesome modelling! Very well done. :worthy:

I have built the Takom Whippet and the result, if you are interested, can be found here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235046221-world-war-1-eleventh-hour-mk-a-whippet-135-takom/

I look forward to seeing your Whippet on it's base at some point in the future.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Wayne. That really is a superb looking Whippet!! Beautifully modelled and painted and your weathering and finish is some of the best I have seen! Awesome modelling! Very well done. :worthy:

I have built the Takom Whippet and the result, if you are interested, can be found here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235046221-world-war-1-eleventh-hour-mk-a-whippet-135-takom/

I look forward to seeing your Whippet on it's base at some point in the future.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you very much Stix, that's a great compliment. Hopefully I wont ruin it when I apply the dirt and mud, although I intend to keep it quite restrained.

Not sure what kind of setting to build for it yet and I haven't done that sort of thing for a long time so it could be a while before I get around to it.

You've made a great job of your Whippet and the mud effects definitely add to the build.

Regards

Wayne.