Browsing the Hannants website whilst drunk

AltcarBoB

Well it was saturday night and I had a few bottles in the the cupboard and I thought why not. Quite a few empty bottles later I accidentally clicked on the Hannants website and "I like that kit" and "ooh that kits on offer" and "I have been meaning to get one of those for a while" and "that will come in handy" and "I have to have 3 of them".

Now I have an email from Hannants confirming my order

Oh dear

Oh deary dear

I didnt mean to click the paypal button I must have had more beer than I am used to.

Thats my modelling sorted for a while. Lucky I dont model in 1/32 or I would be bankrupt.

Ooops

• Like 10
  • Haha 28

6 hours ago, AltcarBoB said:

Well it was saturday night and I had a few bottles in the the cupboard and I thought why not. Quite a few empty bottles later I accidentally clicked on the Hannants website and "I like that kit" and "ooh that kits on offer" and "I have been meaning to get one of those for a while" and "that will come in handy" and "I have to have 3 of them".

Oh dear

Oh deary dear

I didnt mean to click the paypal button I must have had more beer than I am used to.

Thats my modelling sorted for a while. Lucky I dont model in 1/32 or I would be bankrupt.

Ooops

It could have been worse, my other hobby is photography and I’ve been looking at changing my whole system, which would involve me spending around £5k! I’m not looking at camera dealers when any alcohol is around!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

😂😂😂

I impulse bought a 1/32 Super Hornet on ebay (the final minute of the listing was ticking away) right in front of my wife the other night. When the winner notification and price popped up on the screen I kinda turned round to her and said, 'I just had to do it.' 

I think that makes me braver than firemen or people who fight in wars. 

• Haha 19

9 hours ago, AltcarBoB said:

Oh dear

Oh deary dear

Only one question - what are you going to get?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AltcarBoB said:

Oh dear

Oh deary dear

Ooops

Mwahahahahahaaaaaa…..!!!! :rofl:

Nice one! This is almost exactly how I ended up getting back into model making. I was drunkenly trying out eBay many years ago when I stumbled upon a 1/350 Lusitania kit that my mother would never buy me as a kid. Before I knew it I'd hit the 'fire' button. The only thing I could think of the next day was the hangover. It wasn't until about a week later after scratching my head at the rather large box that was propped against my front door that reality returned with a big loud 'Oh!'. My home is now a model shop with a few built kits. :rofl:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SleeperService said:

@Alan P you Sir are a God, or living on borrowed time.

I am required to build it immediately, because 'it's not just going to clutter up the house, mister' 😱

• Haha 4

All it took was a bottle of red the other night and I ordered myself a bargain from the damaged section of Hannants. A J21A with resin and photoetch parts.

Drunk me said "You can do this".

Sober me said "nope. Do some more plastic kits first" 

And that's not even allowing for the random Tamiya saw that showed up the day after...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hangover subsiding so I can review my purchases.

Airfix Swordfish

Az Breda b65

Az Martin baker mb6

Az Hurricane IId tank buster

Been gun Spitfire V floatplane

Azur Potez 630

Azur Curtiss Hawk

Plus photo etch and resin bits for most of the above

• Like 3

My problem with Hannants doesn’t involve alcohol. It’s more that the obscure and rare kits tend to be on the rich side. 

Shouldn't tell you this Heather but your not far away from the warehouse in  Oulton Broad and you can visit the place, you just sign in and watch the money flow from your bank account. I used to live 20 mins from the place.

Great story!

Tell us what imaginative mix of stuff is on order!

;)

PS: not sure if EU law still aplyd over there, but you should be able to return/ cancel online purchased quite easily... not that I recommend that though... :devil:

Had a couple of glasses of wine but that was a couple of hours ago, so suppose it doesn't count now haha. Either way I'm probably going to hit the £100 free delivery threshold to save the £3.90 or something that delivery costs

• Like 2

On 12/04/2020 at 19:33, exdraken said:

Great story!

Tell us what imaginative mix of stuff is on order!

;)

PS: not sure if EU law still aplyd over there, but you should be able to return/ cancel online purchased quite easily... not that I recommend that though... :devil:

EU law still applies till the end of the year I think. Then we are on our own God help us.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2020 at 22:07, Adam Poultney said:

Had a couple of glasses of wine but that was a couple of hours ago, so suppose it doesn't count now haha. Either way I'm probably going to hit the £100 free delivery threshold to save the £3.90 or something that delivery costs

I was a few pennies short once on an order for widgets to get free delivery. Spent ages looking for the cheapest thing I could order finally found something and got my free delivery. 

Clicked to go the basket to pay and the item I wanted in the first place updated to show as out of stock. I messed around for ages and someone got in before me. I think the retail gods were sending me a message.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've done exactly the same thing myself today, 

A quick wander around the internet and i'm now the proud owner of the following,

1/48 Kinetic Sea Harrier FRS.1,

An Eduard BIG ED PE set for it,  

1/48 scale standing Harrier pilot,

Master - Pitot Tube & Angle Of Attack probe,

Eduard-1/48 Remove before flight (UK) tags,

Various Tamiya acrylics,

just over £100 worth..

lets hope SWMBO doesn't get to these before i do...lol