"Spitfire F Mk. IX 1/72 " Completed works !! "

This post is canceled  due to change of subject

sorry !

Edited by Ettore
Chenge subjet
  • Like 3

Dear friends

I  change the subject, this is because I realized that in the package there is a whole tree of pieces that I lent to a friend. The problem is: which friend? I do not remember !
So I change the type of bolt and scale and I present this: "Spitfire F Mk. IX 1/72 - D EN354, 1stLt. Leonard V. Helton, 52nd FG, 4th FS, La Sebala, Tunis, June 1943" in 1/72 scale of Uncle Eduard.
I have already built a plane of the same squadron some time ago from a 1/48 Special Hobby kit, here it is:

Spitfire Mk.Vc 4nd FS / 52nd FG Maj.Robert Levine

spacer.png

this new one after the Husky operation was based in Palermo, my hometown, so I am particularly fond of it.

spacer.png

Take a nice evening

Ettore :bye: 🇬🇧  🇺🇸

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 5

Hello All

I finally start some days ago this nice kit.

First step was the preparation and partial montage of some cockpit parts; this resin cockpit is an Eduard Brassin item;

In took my risks, in the choice of the resin cockpit, well knowing that in this scale it will be very hard.........

spacer.png

I chose two colors for the cockpit, Gunze's H 312 as background and the A.MIG 219 which has a lighter shade and tending towards gray

spacer.png

spacer.png

as previously said it was difficult to glue the cockpit inside, but it will be cold when I have to close the two internal half-fuselages

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anyway at the moment the result is acceptable

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well at next photos !

Ettore :bye:  🇬🇧 🇺🇸

• Like 5

Hello People goodmorning

The fuselage is finally closed; I was terrified at the idea of having to close with a resin cockpit and so small ........ but everything went well with the gluing and the putty afterwards. Here are the pieces ready to give an exact shape to the plane

spacer.png

... and here it is with its splendid shapes

spacer.png

spacer.png

In general excitement, I let myself go with the airbrush and I also gave the blue Azure; I used the RC291 of AK Model Color series; it seemed to me the most correspondent to reality; these colors are phenomenal and I recommend to use them well with their specific diluent; normally I put two stainless steel balls (those for ball bearings) in the jar and then a 30% diluent, close the jar and act well; when using the airbrush I add a little more diluent if necessary.

spacer.png

Before spraying the Azure blue I made a pre-modulation of the color with white and medium blue in some areas, from the photo you can see little ...... and now let's move on to the Mid Stone

At next

Ettore :bye: 🇬🇧 🇺🇸

• Like 9

Good sunday to All

I proceeded with the camouflage until the end, first step the middle stone,

but before I did a color pre-modulation with darker brown and white color, it is easily known as blackish spots under the mid stone

spacer.png

spacer.png

the next step was to mask the wings to make the American obliterations on the old English signs, as a color I chose the dark earth

spacer.png

spacer.png

And in the end I gave the dark earth

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now I have a big problem, as you see I have darkened, with a  reddish brown, the areas where the American codes and the U.S. wing stars will be placed; this is because I saw a vintage color photo of this specimen based in Palermo Boccadifalco, and in fact the spots seem rather reddish ..... Since I am  still in time to lighten all these zones or redo them with another color, I would like your opinion and what kind of color I can use ?

Thanks so much

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Ettore said:

Now I have a big problem, as you see I have darkened, with a  reddish brown, the areas where the American codes and the U.S. wing stars will be placed; this is because I saw a vintage color photo of this specimen based in Palermo Boccadifalco, and in fact the spots seem rather reddish ..... Since I am  still in time to lighten all these zones or redo them with another color, I would like your opinion and what kind of color I can use ?

Ive seen similar photo’s Ettore. If it were me I would go over the circles with Dark earth color. With a little red-brown added to give it a fresher non faded look. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis

I had thought the same thing over all redddish zone, after with washing, paneling, ad matt varnish all wil be

amalgamated

Thanks so much

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 1

I used two versions of dark earth from Gunze (main camouflage) and Xtracrylics (overpainting) to do the US overpainting on my Mk.Vb.  It gave just enough difference to look like fresh paint over the somewhat second hand original!  

I think maybe you could tone down the overmarkings a bit, but you definitely don't want a perfect match. 

The model looks nice, I may have to do one of my Eduards in the desert US colours.

Cheers

Will

Happy Sunday everyone
In this covid 19 periods we modelers work hard, not all, at home in a smart working regime; Unfortunately I always worked at the airport, it wasn't a bad thing; I worked and managed my job better without bosses and colleagues; maybe heavier weekends, not to be able to go fishing or fly the drone ....... but all in all the modeling has filled well Saturdays and Sundays, a thousand projects, a thousand discussions with my wife, quarrels, peace .. ..... that's it, we have to resist

Ok ok let's get to the spitfire in question: I polished with four light coats of Future, then I applied the decals. This afternoon a light coat of Future will seal everything. Apart from the usual paneling, I am very undecided whether to dirty it or not, I noticed that these planes in Sicily in July 1943 were not very dirty, only a little dusty from the sand of the Boccadifalco Palermo airport. Certainly the walkways must be uncovered to bring out the natural aluminim under ...... we will see, we will see, but I would like to hear your opinion.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

At next

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

And now we are at end! Paneling, washing, smoking, dusting........I hope result enjoy you

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

fortunatly a modeller noted a little mistake:  the colour of the crowbar on the door is not red, but silver or interior green, I'll change soon, after  a little base for it.

At next

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 9

Ettore,

e bellissimo!!!!

JR

• 3 weeks later...