Spitfire - Aussie Eight - Completed

9 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

.....and speaking of breaking things off........#6!!! :wall: ....and it was even one that I had super glued!!

What on earth are you doing to the poor things, trying to open paint tins with them!?! :lol:

If I ever get one of these kits think I'll create an extra pin to support the part at its hinge point where it meets the wing :hmmm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col. said:

If I ever get one of these kits think I'll create an extra pin to support the part at its hinge point where it meets the wing :hmmm:

A must!!

• Like 1

:D

They are just stupid they way they go together!  Plus those exhausts will do you head in trying to figure out how they are meant to sit! :blink:

oh, it's the outside of the ailerons that is the issue, nothing to really glue on to........ plus lots of fun if you want to position them as well! 

• Like 1

I'm bemused by your ailerons issues as I've done 3 or 4 of these kits and not had a problem .

Yet.

I just make sure there's a fair bit of liquid poly at the back of the ailerons recess, shove in the ailerons and the clamp the wing tight down so that the top and bottom are thoroughly stuck together.

2 hours ago, malpaso said:

I'm bemused by your ailerons issues as I've done 3 or 4 of these kits and not had a problem .

Yet.

I just make sure there's a fair bit of liquid poly at the back of the ailerons recess, shove in the ailerons and the clamp the wing tight down so that the top and bottom are thoroughly stuck together.

more the case I'm probably a ham-fisted klutz!! :D

• Like 1

….and she/they’re done!!! I actually didn’t have too much to do, just some time consuming final wee things……..no boring photos!

At the end of the day I did enjoy building them, they are really nice model, just spoiled by some minor stuff which should never been allowed to happen.

I decided in the end to not go too excessive with the weathering, even though photo’s do show these aircraft to be quite weathered.

I’ll post all the proper photos in the gallery and RFI. 

These are just to show sometimes even we get sunny days in Sydney! :tease:

IMG_4558-XL.jpg

IMG_4559-XL.jpg

IMG_4560-XL.jpg

IMG_4561-XL.jpg

IMG_4562-XL.jpg

IMG_4563-XL.jpg

IMG_4564-XL.jpg

IMG_4565-XL.jpg

IMG_4566-XL.jpg

IMG_4567-XL.jpg

IMG_4568-XL.jpg

….and the boys together for a round or two of 2-up!! :cheers:

IMG_4555-XL.jpg

….lest we forget. ANZAC Day 2020 :poppy:

• Like 16

Rich,

They look wonderful. Perfect timing for ANZAC Day. Great subjects. My that Boomerang does look sweet. Wish I was back in Sydney to enjoy the weather. Really can't complain, another perfect day just starting from the other side of the planet - Bulgaria.

Ray.

Spitfire_VIII_Construction_59

• Like 2

Tidy work Rich. Both are stunning but have to admit Grey Nurse is still my favourite of the pair.

The group shot looks great as well. A fitting tribute on ANZAC Day :poppy:

• Thanks 1

A fantastic pair. I’ve really enjoyed following your builds and have picked up loads of tips for my own Eduard Spits. 

They both look great but my personal favourite is the “Grey Nurse”. Having seen Temora’s flying example a few times that scheme always stirs memories!

Steve

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve 1602 said:

A fantastic pair. I’ve really enjoyed following your builds and have picked up loads of tips for my own Eduard Spits. 

They both look great but my personal favourite is the “Grey Nurse”. Having seen Temora’s flying example a few times that scheme always stirs memories!

Steve

Thanks Steve, I've only ever seen a Spitfire in flight once. I have always wanted to go to Temora on a flying day (been past there quite a few times), just never had the time!

I was working at Airbus Ind. in Toulouse during VE day celebrations many years ago, the had the chance to see a Spitfire (can't remember the model but was a bubble canopy version) doing mock dogfights with a late model Bf-109G!! It didn't go for long as the 109 was running roughly, but still an amazing sight to see and the nose from both of them!! :wub: Plus they had 5 P-51D's doing low level fly passes as well!

I have seen your builds, very really nice work!!!! Well done! :thumbsup:  I look forward to seeing there progress and the finish beasties! :popcorn:

• Like 1