Wingnut wings Fokker D V.II F "Hermann Goring" 1/32

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing ok.

Just thought I'd add my latest effort to this wonderful site. It is minus Mr. Goring as I havent got round to painting figures as yet.

I seem to have gone one bit of a Wingnut blitz of late, find it hard to make any other make of model at the moment.

This one was as usual a pleasure to build. There is very little rigging, which actually I have come to enjoy, I find it therapeutic. So this build didnt take long due to the lockdown I have had much more spare time.

I'm still very much making it up as I go when  it comes to weathering, hopefully my latest attempt looks okayish. I had a bit of a nightmare when bonding the machine guns, they are aiming downwards slightly and I think would have blown off the radiator if used by Hermann (what a shame that would have been 😉). I hope I have managed to pull off the white look of the plane okay. It's not the easiest of colours to cover. The only bit of the aircraft that isnt white is the top side of the bottom wing, which is doped linen but due to my appalling pictures you cant really see it. I'm a brush painter and still havent made the transition to airbrush, not sure I ever will now.

Would love to hear any comments or critiques. Thanks for looking.

Take care everyone, all the best, Martin 

20200411_102830 20200411_102814 20200411_102658 20200411_102544 20200411_102640 20200411_102531 20200411_102508 20200411_102458 20200411_102445 20200411_102429 20200411_102418 20200411_102404 20200411_102350 20200411_102335 20200411_102324 20200411_102315 20200402_192435 20200402_192456

Edited by Martin Ford
Spelling
  • Like 19

Hello, Martin -

Nothing for you to worry about - your model Fok. DVIIF looks excellent with a great looking paint finish.   For me, less is more when it comes to weathering so I may not have added the amount of staining that you have added, but this is purely preference from my point of view.

BTW, great to see another brush painter (I'm one myself!) and strange you should present this as I am in the process of building the WNW early version of the DVII myself and am about 80% through it.  I have opted for the colourful Rudolf Berthold machine with his winged dagger emblem on the fuselage.  Yes, I also had problems mounting my MG's and I also could not get a fully perfect fit here also.    To be honest, this always seems to be issue with several of the WNW German fighter kits I have built so we are both in the same boat here!

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Epeeman said:

Hello, Martin -

Nothing for you to worry about - your model Fok. DVIIF looks excellent with a great looking paint finish.   For me, less is more when it comes to weathering so I may not have added the amount of staining that you have added, but this is purely preference from my point of view.

BTW, great to see another brush painter (I'm one myself!) and strange you should present this as I am in the process of building the WNW early version of the DVII myself and am about 80% through it.  I have opted for the colourful Rudolf Berthold machine with his winged dagger emblem on the fuselage.  Yes, I also had problems mounting my MG's and I also could not get a fully perfect fit here also.    To be honest, this always seems to be issue with several of the WNW German fighter kits I have built so we are both in the same boat here!

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave and chaps.

I think I did overdo it a bit on the weathering front. To break up the white a bit I used a Tamiya weathering stick. Seemed to do what I wanted, it's like a lipstick, you can just wipe it on. I always use brushes apart from an occasional use of a rattle can for some undercoat. 

I've just had a look at the artwork for the version you are making and it looks great, I look forward to seeing it soon. I agree about the machine guns, it's always a bit of a ball ache to get them spot on. 

All the best, Martin 

• Like 1

Very nice D.VII, good to see you have been bitten by the Wingnut Wings bug, they do become irresistible don't they.

Lets hope that the feared shutdown is averted.

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1