1/72 - Bristol Bullfinch I & II by AviS - released

Homebee

AviS is to release 1/72nd Bristol Bullfinch kits

- ref. BX72052 -  Bristol Bullfinch I 

Source: https://hobbyterra.com/product/plastic-model-1-72-bristol-bullfinch-i-avis-72052.html

av72052.jpg

- ref.  BX72053 - Bristol Bullfinch II

Source: https://hobbyterra.com/product/plastic-model-1-72-bristol-bullfinch-ii-avis-72053.html

av72053.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, 593jones said:

They look really nice, but why not 1/48.  Too small in 1/72!  Grump, grump!

Avis don't do 1/48th is the easy answer, they seem to like doing some interesting prototypes. Nowt wrong with 1/72nd scale. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Avis don't do 1/48th is the easy answer, they seem to like doing some interesting prototypes. Nowt wrong with 1/72nd scale. 

Sadly my failing eyesight and stubby, peasant fingers don't agree!

• Haha 2

I'm beginning to fall in love with Avis! Now how about an IM Blackburn Blackburn? Or an Avro Aldershot? Or a Farley Fruitbat? Or on a more serious note, maybe they'll start tackling some larger subjects such as a Vickers Virginia - now I would pay some real money for an IM Virginia.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

Avis don't do 1/48th is the easy answer, they seem to like doing some interesting prototypes. 

Not quite true Mr T, hopefully others will follow.

BX48001.jpg

Now how about an IM Blackburn Blackburn? Or an Avro Aldershot? Or a Farley Fruitbat?               now I would pay some real money for an IM Virginia.

Must agree Jason, a Blackburn Blackburn, Dart or Kangaroo would go down a treat right now and yes, a Virginia would be the dandruff/icing on the plum duff!

Very happy with the Bullfinch, for me a great choice...

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 1

Quite right General, I had forgotten that one, I tend not to follow big scale releases in any depth. For my lapse I will place myself on report and await your punishment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, general melchett said:

Must agree Jason, a Blackburn Blackburn, Dart or Kangaroo would go down a treat right now and yes, a Virginia would be the dandruff/icing on the plum duff!

Very happy with the Bullfinch, for me a great choice...

Quite right, old horse! That Bullfinch, coming in both monoplane and biplane favours, has a bit of the Soviet* about it. If Avis really are diving into the wonderful world of British prototypes of the 1920s and 1930s, we really are in for quite a ride! Even if it is the End of the World and all that!

Best Regards,

Jason (from his hermetically-sealed bubble, trying to type with these blasted hazmat gloves!)

*Speaking of Soviet vehicles, I believe my next vehicle is going to be the Object 279 - let's see someone try and stop me from my shopping!

P.S. I'm not trying to make the situation the World finds itself in a funny one, as it most certainly is not that, but I am a firm believer that humour is at its most essential when having to deal with difficult situations! We will get through this!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

and await your punishment. 

Oh good lord, an open ticket! field punishment? confinement to barracks? hardly a punishment at the moment, cessation of chocolate rations, probably already applies....no, I shall see what can be dredged up from the cesspool of depravity that is laughingly called Baldricks 'mind' and let you know.

*Speaking of Soviet vehicles, I believe my next vehicle is going to be the Object 279 - let's see someone try and stop me from my shopping!

Oddly, I almost picked one of those (Takom, bargain price) up from Hannants on a visit a few months ago, when the world was (relatively) sane and the ability to travel freely was an everyday luxury one took for granted...remember those times?  

P.S. I'm not trying to make the situation the World finds itself in a funny one, as it most certainly is not that, but I am a firm believer that humour is at its most essential when having to deal with difficult situations! We will get through this!

Don't worry old sausage, I totally agree, the old 'blitz spirit', an indoor lavy and a decent cup of char is how we beat Harry Hun....so it is now, prepare to bully orf for the final chukka and beat this thing, 12 sore bottoms to one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Too right! I knew you'd have the proper spirit, old beast! If we could beat the Huns and survive the Blitz then by all that's right we'll beat this little virus thingy! Huzzah!

Bestest,

Jason (still in his bubble, not taking any chances don't you know...)

Edited by Learstang
Slight change. Really just a trifle. Hardly worth mentioning.
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Bristol Bullfinch I & II by AviS - released
  • 2 weeks later...