1/16 Boxer 8x8

GMK

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GMK said:

Excellent. Posted another pic using a different method - visible in post?

https://i.imgur.com/6pZS9Hk.png

No. I just see the URL.

If I post a picture, I just copy the URL of the picture's page then paste that straight into the post. I don't use the 'insert image' or 'insert link' buttons on the 'edit post' window.

Like this. Copy URL (in this case "

https: //i.imgur.com /6pZS9Hk. png" but I've inserted extra spaces to stop the board automatically showing the image) and then paste it into your text without the additional spaces.

And this happens:

6pZS9Hk.png

Like magic, isn't it 🙃

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bhouse said:

Like this. Copy URL (in this case "

https: //i.imgur.com /6pZS9Hk. png" but I've inserted extra spaces to stop the board automatically showing the image) and then paste it into your text without the additional spaces.

And this happens:

6pZS9Hk.png

Like magic, isn't it 🙃

It hasn’t always worked, sadly. Regardless, a few updates on the way. 

Thanks to @Julien & @bhouse for helping out with posting images. 

Well, after lots of trial & error, I’ve got a basic turret shape to start cleaning up before detailing with styrene. Very happy with this as my first from-scratch CAD design, having only downloaded Fusion 360 last month. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bhouse said:

You're obviously a fast learner - that's all looking very good 👍

Thanks - it’s definitely ’brute force’ CAD. As I’ve been learning new ways to do things, I’ve been going back to rework parts to improve them.

Added the turret base, and test fitted using double sided tape. Next, on to the coax machine gun box & dummies of the sights & sensors. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Adding the SEOSS sensors - which are used for the gunner’s primary sight (front left) and as the commander’s independent viewer/sight (retractable, rear left) - have been mocked up and printed for test fitting. 

The coax box, to the right of the main armament, is printing. The only two approved machine guns are the M240/MAG-58/L7 GPMG and the Rheinmetall three-barrelled Gatling-style gun. I thought that the MG3, MG4, or MG5 would’ve been integrated. Ah well. 

Each of the two guns have a different box, so you can tell which gun is fitted. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

After a bit of remodelling in CAD, the SEOSS (stabilised electro-optic sighting system) sensors and their shrouds that form the commander’s & gunner’s sights went in for another print. 

spacer.png

Need to break out the No.11 to clean out the holes.

YTTvVoz.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Nice work! 👍
Is the hull also printed?

Thanks!

No, it’s CNC-milled styrene from a chap in Germany. It also appears to be overscale, which presents a bit of a conundrum. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Very impressive work Greg, the CAD and printed parts looks excelletn!

Did you ever finish that 1/16 scale M113 you started some years ago?

Thanks Ray,

You mean this one?

spacer.png

I got stuck on the suspension. Now that I’m developing some kind of clue, I may be able to make some progress. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

That's the one! it was looking good before being bogged down.

Thanks. There’s now tracks available for it, too. Unfortunately, they’re in Germany and require a minimum ‘outside EU’ order of €5,000. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @Big_Bad_Bill   

You’re right, Boxer is huge! The version I’m working on won’t be delivered for a few months yet, so I’ve put the turret on hold at the moment and am working on another vehicle used by both the Australian & British Armies, the Bushmaster protected mobility vehicle.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1