Revell 1998 Trans Am

Ask anyone who really knows me and they'll laugh themselves silly about the idea of me building a simple OOB model. It just never seems to happen. My projects will take anywhere from 4-6 if not 8+ months to complete because I simply cannot leave the OOB kits alone. With that being said, I've been wanting to build a late 90's / early 2000's Trans Am for a while now. I was working in a Pontiac Dealership as an auto tech when the 1998 Trans Am equipped with the new LS1 engine were being freshly delivered and I instantly fell in love with these cars. I mean the 93-97 T/A's were nice but these...….these were fast right from the factory. No factory American built car had given me the "butterflies in the stomach" feeling under hard acceleration before my first test drive in one of these things had. Beautiful and fast cars these were and even though I never actually owned one of these, I got several chances to drive pre-sold and the used offerings that were there on that lot (I was NOT one of those techs who went out joyriding in owners vehicles-just a wrong thing to do to another mans car) and I loved every minute of it. 
Anyways I'm going to build this car pretty much OOB. I just need something that I can actually make some worthwhile progress on. I will take the liberty of dropping it a scale inch or so but I do like these in stock form so there won't be much at all in the way of "extras". 

spacer.png

I was contemplating a black paint job but I already do enough black paint jobs as it is. Needed something different but definitely not silver or white so we'll be going with red for this build.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jeroen and Andy.

Got the engine finished up this morning. It only took me around a week to get everything painted and together on this one and I stuck to my guns on the OOB goal all except for the oil filter decal. It's not much but it adds a lot to any engine build. For some reason the exhaust manifold texture came out grainy in the photos but it looks smooth in real life. Weird. Anyways, here's my 5.7 liter LS1 engine for this beast. It's my first OOB engine in decades.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the absence as of late fellas. Been working pretty hard at work over the last few weeks. I still didn't give up my bench time over the last few months and managed to finish this one up. She'll be under the Ready for Inspection Section

Edited by mustang1989