Social Distancing......Spitfire Project

Good evening fellow distancers

Troubled times indeed, I hope everyone is safe and well and social distancing isn't causing too much stress.

With so much free time ive decided to attempt a project ive been thinking about for a while now …… a homage to our hobby..... but how and what? well the first kit I made (like so many of us) was an Airfix Spitfire so lets start with that, Humbrol enamel paints ,one paint brush, an old stanley knife blade(if you were lucky)  and glue to melt the plastic together.... hopefully this will bring back some memories! so a rummage though all my model related gubbins resulted in this lot

49758369472_cb4bbe413f_b.jpgIMG_20200410_193028250 by Tim Dyson, on Flickr

also salvaged an old cutting mat....should make a nice base

49758386157_01f1fc4d9d_b.jpgIMG_20200410_194811801 by Tim Dyson, on Flickr

cut a piece of wood to size, glue and a bit of a clean up

49758386157_01f1fc4d9d_b.jpgIMG_20200410_194811801 by Tim Dyson, on Flickr

49757526053_70ecfe2557_b.jpgIMG_20200410_194832124 by Tim Dyson, on Flickr

and voila we are on our way

49758367582_a3b0702876_b.jpgIMG_20200410_195941023 by Tim Dyson, on Flickr

I cut up the box and attached the box art to the base....also randomly placed things to represent how most of us started, so this is where we are

49757507453_83e91b2e76_b.jpgIMG_20200410_202032358 by Tim Dyson, on Flickr

so anything else anyone can think of for the base componants? anything anyone would like to contribute would be welcomed

stay safe

Tim

P.S got something interesting planned for the actual kit.... all will be revealed as soon as the base is done

I keep picking up those kits in charity shops! I would recommend emery boards nicked from my mom/sister. I remember at a car boot sale after picking up some airfix infantry I kept some cocktail sticks (plastic) that come with a Crystal thing my mom bought. I said to my dad they would be good for modelling. “ what as, spears??!” He said. “No dad, to stir the paint”. In short, anything that could be scavved to build with! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wince said:

I keep picking up those kits in charity shops! I would recommend emery boards nicked from my mom/sister. I remember at a car boot sale after picking up some airfix infantry I kept some cocktail sticks (plastic) that come with a Crystal thing my mom bought. I said to my dad they would be good for modelling. “ what as, spears??!” He said. “No dad, to stir the paint”. In short, anything that could be scavved to build with! 

Ahhh good times ...how very different now there seems to be a tool for everything.. different paint and glue for every nut and bolt . nice to be able to keep it simple every now and then cheers mate👍

Evening all

Anybody else having trouble with Flickr been trying to upload pictures from my laptop all day, I can get onto my photostream but when I hit the upload icon it takes me to a screen with two circles in the middle and a stupid phrase like ' milking butterflies' or 'hearding pandas' I'm not very tech minded so any help would be greatly appreciated 👍 

Tim