Pucará 1/72 Special hobby

I think it is the right place and time to post my recently finished kit here. It is the FMA IA-58 Pucará which 38 years ago was a part of Falklands war. I am glad to have it in my display cabinet besides other kits related to Falklands. Especially it is nice to see the difference in size between the Pucará and Sea Harrier. For more pictures and details about the build and this plane, please visit my full article here:  http://72insight.com/en/pucara-1-72-special-hobby/ Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by David Koktavý
  • Like 45

I really like that, a superb model.  The lights in the pylons are a big improvement on Special Hobby's solid parts; what did you use to make them?

• Thanks 1

I am glad to see your comments thank you.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:06 PM, viperchief said:

Excellent! Beautiful finish. According to scalemates.com, Special Hobby is releasing a new tool this year! Well done!

Well, I have also heard it some years ago, but this is not proven to me. Sometimes Special Hobby gives to us a surprise, let´s see🙂

8 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Great job on the Pucara, I hear it’s a difficult build.

Wulfman

As said in 72insight, except rescribing panel lines, there is no other big setback. Of course, there is a big potential to improve the kit as I partly did.

16 hours ago, Natter said:

I really like that, a superb model.  The lights in the pylons are a big improvement on Special Hobby's solid parts; what did you use to make them?

It is a piece from clear plastic sprue, which is sanded and polished straight on pylon part to get the right shape. A similar technique is used for making position lights at wings end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1