IL-28 Beagle (Nigerian AF) 1/72 Trumpeter

Thank you guys. Yes the kit has problems. The manual has ambiguities in the small pieces. The wheels compartment together with the engines compartment is a Chinese tragedy in terms of application. The outer parts with the inner ones do not have a good application. It has two parts for machine guns turret (I dont know why) It has nt the antennas (front-rear) Pilots are huge like gorillas and the position of the main pilot is low in the cockpit. I Had in past the same model of Airfix and that was rough. It seems that this model has been a design curse for a long time.

• Thanks 1

That is a very impressive build and finish Nikos - I know only too well what a pig of a kit that this is.  You have beaten it into a very smart model - well done mate.

Thank you Booty . It is as you say a "pig" kit. I choose the Nigerian camo because I like the camo planes. The greys and silvers are commonplace: Especially the greys loose the half of modelling charm

Cheers

16 hours ago, nikos said:

Thank you guys. Yes the kit has problems. The manual has ambiguities in the small pieces. The wheels compartment together with the engines compartment is a Chinese tragedy in terms of application. The outer parts with the inner ones do not have a good application. It has two parts for machine guns turret (I dont know why) It has nt the antennas (front-rear) Pilots are huge like gorillas and the position of the main pilot is low in the cockpit. I Had in past the same model of Airfix and that was rough. It seems that this model has been a design curse for a long time.

Hi Nikos

Thanks for the info. I’got one in the stash and that’s where it’s going to stay !

Wulfman

That is very colourful and well built. It seems you had a bit of an ordeal in assembly.

Do you mind me asking what paints you used. I may get round to that Nigerian Jaguar one day.

Trevor

Thank you guys. Trevor I used Humbrol enamels No 121, 78, 116 and semi gloss varnish . Interior Agama light blue  and desert yellow  RLM for wheels appartment covers. The cockpit Agama  light blue. For bomber pilot appartment Italeri acrylic flat green. I used aluminium foil from nescafe metal box for interior bomber appartment . And Agama light ghost grey for machines  air intakes.

Edited by nikos
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The reason I preferred this camouflage is to balance the sleek design line of this aircraft. In addition, it escapes the classic colors of the Soviets for this type. Some African aircraft are of particular interest in terms of color