Middle stone

kitman

Hi - Hope someone can help me with this. I am building a desert scheme tomahawk and have come across a problem with the middle stone colour  Mr hobby aquieous 'H71'. It looks far too rich and bright to my eyes. Just wonder if anyone else has the same opinion and have worked around it by adding different colours or sourcing a different make of colour. Thanks in advance.

Vallejo do a reasonable (to me) set of Africa/MTO paints.  Model Air 71.031 for the middle stone, and 71.323 for the BS Dark Earth (I think, although they do another dark earth 71.029), forget what number the Azure blue is...

I used them on my Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane Mk II D, ignore the fact that I have the colours the wrong way round for the camo pattern (and the tailwheel is also the wrong way round (Hasegawa's fault there, it doesn't fit the correct way round))...

41455737-2184213878521608-32623438782791

Edited by RobL

I have used a mix of Tamiya acrylic XF-59 'Desert yellow' (3 parts) + XF-60 'Dark yellow'  (1 part) - (IMHO)  it matches the color chip in the RAF museum book 'British aviation colours of WW2'

Hope that helps,

Colin

Image9

• Thanks 1