DeHavilland Mosquito NF Mk.II Tamiya 1/48

All done. It took a lot of matt black paint to get a reasonable finish, finished with a quick over spray of Humbrol Satin Clear Varnish, I try not to be too perfect. I used Eduard PE fro the detail in the cockpit, which, as always mostly disappeared.

It was a fun build, and I hope you enjoy looking at them. Not sure what I'll do next, maybe a 1/48 Eduard SE 5a. Depends if I feel brave enough to tackle rigging.

Enjoy and stay safe everyone.

Jon.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Faraway
  • Like 17

My hat off to you Faraway. Gutsy move. I recently took the opportunity to add that beautiful Tamiya kit to my stash, and whilst I'd like to, I won't attempt it in the all black night fighter scheme. I think it's one of the most challenging camouflages to pull off, even more so than a large all aluminium scheme. Well done.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bigglesof266 said:

My hat off to you Faraway. Gutsy move. I recently took the opportunity to add that beautiful Tamiya kit to my stash, and whilst I'd like to, I won't attempt it in the all black night fighter scheme. I think it's one of the most challenging camouflages to pull off, even more so than a large all aluminium scheme. Well done.

I didn’t realise it would take SO much black paint. It did have one advantage, I didn’t have to apply all the small decals. I was going to, and started, but as they are all black lettering, they just disappeared. I expect the purists will have me burned at the stake, for this omission. BWTF.

• Like 1