North American f-86K RNLAF - 1/48 MustHave

Hi,

Please find my latest completion, the f-86K in Netherlands air force markings by MustHave models. 

I found this a very nice kit to build. It is basically the revell f-86D, but with 2 injection moulded fuselage halves in order to make a "K".

Some photo etch and resin is supplied in the kit as well, but not too useful apart from the seat belts.

As usual there were some challenges along the way, but all of my own making. The only item that I couldn't get to fit perfectly was the canopy, so I decided to place it in the open position. (Although I did make some pics with a shut canopy before I permanently attached it in the open position)

It is not 100% accurate, but overall I am reasonably happy with the result. The good thing is that I am finally a little more comfortable with the All metal finishes after having build this and the recent Thunderflash. Metal colors all by AK xtreme and some touch ups with metalizing powders UvdR and Mig. Hope you like it.

The build thread below:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's all. Thanks for watching. Any feedback or critique is welcome.

Edited by Rob K.
inserted proper wip link / spelling
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Exquisite model. Cockpit is incredibly nice. I see what you mean about the canopy in the closed position but it's not as bad as your comments made it sound. Display that model proudly!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Erik Leijdens said:

Nice one!! Looks familiar too

erik

Thanks Eric,

Just had a look at your f-86. Very nice. ( and you got the anti glare panel just right). 👍

• Thanks 1