Fixed thrust, Variable noise. JP T.3 - 1:72 Airfix

Jet Provost T.3

1:72 Airfix

jp3-1.jpg

As a former JP T.3 student once said to me, it had 'Fixed thrust with variable noise!'

This is the new tool 1:72nd Airfix kit, and very nice it is too. The fit is superb and it is a very easy build. The decals were not so easy though, there is an extensive amount of day-glo orange to fit on and the sections that wrap around the leading edge of the wings was tricky as it did not want to fold. I got there in the end, but not without it fracturing and splitting a bit, so there is a small amount of touched in paint using Revell 25. Apart from that the decals sheet is very extensive with masses of stencils.

Every now and then I like to build something outside of my main interests, and the new tool Airfix kits are perfect for this. Just open the box, build it 'as it comes' with out adding aftermarket etc and just enjoy the hobby in a simple way like I did as a kid. Pure fun! (Well apart from those wing decals).

jp3-2.jpg

jp3-3.jpg

jp3-4.jpg

jp3-5.jpg

jp3-6.jpg

jp3-7.jpg

Our 1/72 scale student is thinking 'If I pass this course, maybe, just maybe...'

jp3-8.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

• Like 48
  • Thanks 1

Very pretty model and thanks for the overview of the kit. Nice to know there are easy to build kits out there for all of us. Like the Lightning too!

Brilliant. You wait ages then 2 JPs come along at once! I built this kit last year and agree with you about the decals...they took an age to settle, mainly on the tip tanks on my one. Great job persevering with yours though. 👍

• Like 1

Great build and description.  I saw a couple of JPs running down the runway at Bruntingthorpe a few years back now and its a lot of noise for not much speed. They taxied back and Bob Tuxford ( black buck fame ) got out , he later ran the Victor.

• Like 1

Hi John,

Well not your usual WW1 or airliner model but lovely none the less! A change is as good as a rest so they say.

The Revell 25 must be a good match I can't see any touch-ups anywhere!

I think I saw one of these a couple of years ago at the Barton Airshow.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1