Tamiya Ducati 1199 Panigale S Tricolore

My first post so be gentle 🙂

aaKKgKKQa78TtJR3oq70OeVXuvxiQphoEoC7iCQA

This model was a pleasure to build, and as ever learning as I go .. so yes loads of mistakes... but in the end quite pleased with the results.

vhwSGRPpo9lBxN3mlTN4qW42C-woEXSdAu91_ZSg

I need to get better at taking the photos as all the rest look awful.. will work on that and post some new ones once I figure it out.

nYF1_Gtpm8pJDZRqqjxK-ESi_Q1qw1sS-RkPKGtN

QKLBMDALt9bGtziX1TbibmDhngngpsGMu-DM50GI

hL7XtBu2QqVqUEvbMNHwB9Vt6pVzBJHP_iV2_qUS

iqj7Gn0H4RaQqAVjGKwzQRmTz6cGY19AIySfUeA5

KRvMe-aUCWgIjAS-iKWJrKd-MFFe_lU1Ve0b0mQx

Edited by NicoT
  • Like 16

11 minutes ago, NicoT said:

and as ever learning as I go

Nico - SO true!  Model looks great.  Definitely post more.

• Like 1

Nice work Nico. Excellent paint job. What metallics did you use?👍

I've had my eye on one of these kits for ages, but got to get my 916 done first.

Edited by Stef N.
  • Like 1

Come on, own up, that's not a model, that's the real thing!😉

Excellent; I'm not into bikes - yet, but, looking at that, you never know. Not much else to do for the foreseeable, although I have got 4 car kits to attack.🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

Nice work Nico. Excellent paint job. What metallics did you use?👍

I've had my eye on one of these kits for ages, but got to get my 916 done first.

I used Alclad II gold, polished silver and an old chrome (All alclad).. but the new Alclad chrome is awful, it just doesn't seem to set, ... I'm doing a Ducati 916... and will try again with the chrome over a tamiya silver see if it sets better.

I used carbon fiber decals for the rear and front mudguards... but looking at the picture wishing I had drilled the discs, and used a wash... hey ho.. learning as I said 🙂 

Thank to all for the kind words and encouragement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

Come on, own up, that's not a model, that's the real thing!😉

Excellent; I'm not into bikes - yet, but, looking at that, you never know. Not much else to do for the foreseeable, although I have got 4 car kits to attack.🤔

Awesome, I have 2 bikes on the go (Ducati 916... almost done, ran out of red paint, and a Honda RC213v... plucking up the courage to get moving with that one) and a 1:12 Lotus 49b which is in the prep stage.

Thanks for the kind reply.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NicoT said:

I used Alclad II gold, polished silver and an old chrome (All alclad).. but the new Alclad chrome is awful, it just doesn't seem to set, ... I'm doing a Ducati 916... and will try again with the chrome over a tamiya silver see if it sets better.

I used carbon fiber decals for the rear and front mudguards... but looking at the picture wishing I had drilled the discs, and used a wash... hey ho.. learning as I said 🙂 

Thank to all for the kind words and encouragement.

AK Extreme do a very good chrome but it has to be over a pristine glossy black base. Trust me when I say that any scratches or blemishes on the base will clearly show.🥴

Looking forward to seeing your 916.

42 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

AK Extreme do a very good chrome but it has to be over a pristine glossy black base. Trust me when I say that any scratches or blemishes on the base will clearly show.🥴

Looking forward to seeing your 916.

Thanks for the tip.... will pick up some AK Extreme and try that. 

• 2 months later...