Airfix 1/72 Mitsubishi ASM2b Zero

Hi all, as a new entrant to the forum I thought I had best post some photos of previous builds, so here is my Airfix Zero. Was a great little kit at the price, and I had great fun building it (except for masking that damned canopy grumble grumble):

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Looking at the photos above it is striking how unforgiving the camera is. I have noticed a fair few imperfections, but this is a good thing - means I can get it right next time 🙂

• Like 27

Looks great to me, nice chipping effects there! I would only suggest to have chipping also affect stencils, such as the red rectangles marking safe-to-step zones on the wings.

Looks like you also have desk shared as computer and hobby workstation - it's really a chore to cleanup after each build session!..

Thanks all! Appreciate the kind comments 😀

On 09/04/2020 at 22:15, Ventsislav Gramatski said:

Looks great to me, nice chipping effects there! I would only suggest to have chipping also affect stencils, such as the red rectangles marking safe-to-step zones on the wings.

Looks like you also have desk shared as computer and hobby workstation - it's really a chore to cleanup after each build session!..

Yes, I agree with you there. I was trying a method of getting the chipping to look realistic by spraying the aircraft silver as a starting point, painting the green over and then gently tearing some away so that the silver was underneath the green as opposed to being painted on. I'm not sure it is necessary on a 1/72 kit though, and it did mean I did not get the chipping over the decals. I did read that the Japanese paint used for the Nihon Maru was of better quality than the dross they were churning out by the mid to end of the war (due to massive shortages) and did not tend to chip off so easily, which I used as my excuse 😋