Giddey to all!

This is the Lancia Beta Montecarlo Turbo Group 5 the old ESCI Kit.

It has very good details, but is a little bit difficult to build. 

Modifications: Added headlights, mesh at the front of the rear spoiler, air hoses at the front brakes, grid at the turbo air intake.

Hope you like it!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png     spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png    spacer.pngspacer.png   spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here an interesting link to the real thing:https://www.girardo.com/car/1981-lancia-beta-montecarlo-turbo-group-v_0/

Cheers

Andreas

Edited by Andreas.R
new pictures
  • Like 7

Very rare and interesting kit, very interesting subject; the decals are well applied, this must have been  a big commitment...

Cartograph decals are really excellent, also for duration... I have some sheets from more than thirty years, and they are still ok, no yellowing, no cracking...

Andreas, you made a good job with some nice add-ons... if I can say something constructive, you should be a little more "clean" in execution, especially for the mechanical parts... take your time to remove the moulding lines and pads, be careful in painting the borders between two colours, be sure that your metallic paints are well diluted and shaked... don't feel offended by these little critiques, one feels that your passion is great, and that you can realize excellent things, just take a little more care of your job, bearing in mind the final rendering...

I wait for your next project!😉

• Thanks 1

You are right!

In contrast to my eyes, these close-ups mercilessly show all the smallest mistakes.

Thanks for your sincere criticism

Regards

Andreas

I think that this is the true spirit of these forums... we all want to improve taking inspiration and advice from the other mates...

Obviously, feel free to say anything you think about my jobs, this will be always appreciated...😊

With friendship

Beppe

Edited by Bevital
  • Like 1

Nice build, I like the removable front and rear, is this how the kit comes or did you modify it that way?

I think one of these would look good on my shelf next to the M1 pro car.

Its a different subject in comparison to your ship builds too, right?

I too agree with the clean lines comments of others - macro shots really highlight every imperfection - I should know, there are plenty on my builds. I strive to do better with each build. Keep up the good work and I'll be sure to look out for your next build.

Kindest Regards,

Coops

Edited by Cooper645
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cooper645 said:

Nice build, I like the removable front and rear, is this how the kit comes or did you modify it that way?

I think one of these would look good on my shelf next to the M1 pro car.

Its a different subject in comparison to your ship builds too, right?

I too agree with the clean lines comments of others - macro shots really highlight every imperfection - I should know, there are plenty on my builds. I strive to do better with each build. Keep up the good work and I'll be sure to look out for your next build.

Kindest Regards,

Coops

Hello Coops,

the front is hold by 2 little pins - sits a little loosely, the rear should be fixed but I used

2 magnets to hold it. They are hidden inside  the 2 cooling inlets.

I build also Lancia rally cars when I want to do something colorful, not always grey.

There are not so many kits of merchant ships around.

Yes,  macro shots show every imperfection - but in this forum you got a lot of consent and tips from the

modeler fellows for your motivation.

In model building you always have to make compromises.

Kindest regards

Stay healthy

Andreas

• Like 1

Here a picture of a britisch Montecarlo I found in the net.

Slightly modified front spacer.png

spacer.png

I think it looks very nice!

Cheers from the Lancia "enthusiast"

Take also a look at: https://www.girardo.com/car/1981-lancia-beta-montecarlo-turbo-group-v_0/

Edited by Andreas.R

• 1 month later...