Unusual Ex-Fireflies

I'm moving the Lebanese Firefly over to Ready For Inspection.  Time to get on with the Repotenciado.

I was going to use the RFM kit tracks but realised that life is too short to clean up all the sprue gates and it would be unlikely for the tank to still be on its original tracks anyway over 30 years later, a type (T62) not made since the end of 1943.  So some Masterclub T74s were substituted.

Some paint on the Repotenciado.  Some were plain dark green, but that's just boring.  The colour was difficult.  Colour images vary a lot and many are of preserved vehicles in poor repair.  The Argentine Army maintains a few in running order so I've gone with that as a reliable colour.  The "brown" has a distinct pinkish tinge to it.  Mig Ammo provide German WW2 Sandbraun RAL8031 in their Argentine set, which isn't bad but I felt wasn't pink enough.  Eventually I settled on a Warhammer colour called Tallarn Flesh.  Markings are basic: just a black serial each side and a white 2-digit number front and back. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more progress on the Repotenciado.  These were peacetime service vehicles in the era of this colour scheme, apart from the 1987 Carapintada Mutiny, and so were well-kept.  In the earlier days of the Beagle Channel spat with Chile and the Falklands (although they could not be transported there) these tanks were plain dark green.  So I've tried to keep the finishing relatively light.  Rainmarks from being outdoors, some worn edges and a bit of dust to come.  The colours have dulled down nicely.  One photo from the Mutiny period shows a white hull hatch interior but I haven't been able to further confirm whether this was usual, so didn't go that way.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...