1956 BRM type 25 Formula 1 - 1/24 scale

• 1 year later...

Wow!  What an excellent model!

One could be forgiven for thinking you threw the old model into the bin and (somehow) conjured a new and better-detailed one from scratch!

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

:clap2::clap2:

• 2 years later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, Bevital said:

Hello!👋🏻👋🏻

This is my debut on the forum... If you want to know something about me, go to the "new members" section....

I recently made a 1/24 model of a quite unsuccesful but very nice and elegant Formula One car, the 1956 "Type 25" BRM.....

The base is the only available kit in 1/24 scale, the ancient Merit kit (issued in 1958). I purchased the kit on eBay as a badly built and painted model... The Merit BRM is very hard to find and moreover, a built model is usually less expensive than an untouched kit....

This was the initial condition:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

after disassembly, paint stripping, some scratch to detail the cockpit interior and the suspension, wheels and steering wheel replacement, and re-painting in typical BRM dark metallic green, this is the result:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The version I reproduced is the one of Monaco Grand Prix... This is the Mike Hawthorn's car, that unfortunately didn't start after a troublesome practice session... in that year, the 25s were entered in only another Grand Prix, in England, with #23 Mike Hawthorn, #24 Tony Brooks and #25 Frank Lockhart; Hawthorn qualified his car in the front row and had a fantastic start, as well as Brooks; they led the race for several laps, but they both had to withdraw, Hawthorn for gearbox problems, and Brooks for a spectacular crash with fire, from which he escaped with minor burns...  It took three years and many modifications to turn the 25 in a winning car (Swedish Jo Bonnier won the Dutch GP in '59), but it was too late: John Cooper and his rear-engined cars had already begun the greatest technical revolution  in F1 history....

spacer.png

spacer.png

Excuse me for my bad English, and many thanks for your attention!

What a wonderful model it became! What wheels and tires did you use in this update? Thank you very much for sharing your model with us!