F-4J Phantom 1/72 USN

Here is my completed 1/72 F-4J Phantom. It is the Revell kit which re-srcribed and riveted. It was a fun kit to build, the details of which can be seen at the link below. 

IMG_1564

IMG_1563

IMG_1560

IMG_1566

• Like 62

Fantastic modelling Justin👍

Looking at the panels and riveting it's almost unbelievable that could be the old Monogram kit.  Looks more like 1/48 or bigger. 

Inspirational stuff, you made that look superb 👏👏👏

Absolutely superb job there! I just checked out the WIP for this which I had missed completely. Your approach to re-scribing is admirable, and has really paid off with this model.

Well done indeed.

Terry

Dear All, 

Thank you for the encouraging comments. Much appreciated. 

For those interested, I am going to start posting my 1/48 scale B-29. Again, raised panel lines and another total rescribe. 

• Like 1

Very nice Justin, one of my favourite USN schemes. I've this kit in stock, in my case, its likely to get the raised detail buffed back a bit & no rescribing. It definitely won't measure up to yours, what you've done to this really makes it stand out. :)

Steve.

This rendition of the famed Phantom certainly gets all of the attention that it deserves.  Great markings compliment the muscle-bound beast perfectly!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Mike

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Very nice Justin, one of my favourite USN schemes. I've this kit in stock, in my case, its likely to get the raised detail buffed back a bit & no rescribing. It definitely won't measure up to yours, what you've done to this really makes it stand out. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve, I can recommend building the kit. Fit is generally very good and good details too. The air intakes need a bit of work and the decals were very good. Enjoy it. I am just about to finish a 1/72 UASF F-4C of Vietnam vintage and will post that when done. 

Justin 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cardiff guy said:

very nice, how did you manage to re scribe some of hose more complex curves.

regards Glenn.

Hi Glenn, 

This is the tool I use.....http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?products_id=474

I use the "hook" end in pulling mode for doing straight lines (using a straight edge as a guide). For complex stuff and curves, I use the other end and push it along freehand. It takes some practice but it becomes quite manageable after a while.  Here is a video someone did.......

• Like 1

I should add that my good friend and fellow Britmodeller Alap P introduced me to this scribing tool. I would quite happily say that it is the tool I would least want to lose. I love working with it.   

• Like 1