AZ model 1/72 Spitfire Mk. IXc (Egyptian Air Force) >>> FINISHED <<<

• 4 weeks later...

Decals are set!

Gloss layer on this kit was Gunze GX100 Gloss Super Clear III - I ran out of Tamiya X22 so I've tried this one for the first time.

It gives a bit more shiny and glossy finish than Tamiya X22 after just few layers, but on few places I got something like "finger marks" - I don't remember of touching those areas while drying, so it may be connected to drying period (I applied decals after 2 days) or to thinner used (Gunze Leveling thinner - it maybe dries a bit slower than regular thinner).

anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with result...

spit9c-egypt-026.jpg

spit9c-egypt-027.jpg

spit9c-egypt-028.jpg

Cheers,

S.

• Like 8

How have I missed this! 

Excellent work... (I appreciated the little trick with the wire to get supports behind the exhausts... thats the advantage of building on a forum, others help us with little things like that which all adds up to everyone improving their skills and their techniques.

I just changed to the Gunze gloss varnish. I like it  too... although I tend to give it a lot more time to harden. I think it feels dry, but is still soft, and perhaps its just heat from your fingers melting the varnish enough that end up putting fingerprints into the varnish. Could be wrong, but I found one on mine. I just sprayed some levelling thinners on it and it helped a little. Next time I will make sure I don't handle it for a couple of days once the gloss is down.

Looking forward to your matt coat and see it all blend together... Nice build... 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bill, I'll leave the varnish to harden for a longer time period. It's probably learning curve when you use some new product for the first time, so I'll get used to it eventually.

Cheers,

S.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And here we are... in finish line finally!

All regular stuff was added - wash, final semigloss varnish and weathering with MIG pigments.

Navigation belly light was made from Kristal Klear, as well as navigation light on the back of fuselage...

spit9c-egypt-029.jpg

spit9c-egypt-030.jpg

spit9c-egypt-031.jpg

spit9c-egypt-032.jpg

spit9c-egypt-033.jpg

spit9c-egypt-034.jpg

spit9c-egypt-035.jpg

spit9c-egypt-036.jpg

spit9c-egypt-037.jpg

spit9c-egypt-038.jpg

spit9c-egypt-039.jpg

spit9c-egypt-040.jpg

spit9c-egypt-041.jpg

spit9c-egypt-042.jpg

spit9c-egypt-043.jpg

spit9c-egypt-044.jpg

spit9c-egypt-045.jpg

spit9c-egypt-046.jpg

spit9c-egypt-047.jpg

spit9c-egypt-048.jpg

spit9c-egypt-049.jpg

spit9c-egypt-050.jpg

spit9c-egypt-051.jpg

Cheers,

Srđan

• Like 8

• srkirad changed the title to AZ model 1/72 Spitfire Mk. IXc (Egyptian Air Force) >>> FINISHED <<<