Bristol Beaufighter TF. 10

My next build is Airfix's 1:72 Bristol Beaufighter TF. 10. I have had it in my stash a while, and have always loved the look of this aircraft, and can't wait to start building her. So lets have a look at the box. 

IMG_20200406_101532

The artwork as usual is ace, and depicts the aircraft in the colour scheme i plan to build her in. 

IMG_20200406_101650

The box contains a detailed instruction booklet, small decal sheet and clear sprue. 

IMG_20200406_101737 IMG_20200406_101756

There are 5 grey sprues, all with little to no flash and lots of detailing. Looks like it will be a nice clean kit to build. 

I am planning on building it straight from the box, using Vallejo model air acrylics in place of the suggested Humbrol. I also intene to use some resin wheels i picked up at a model show a while back. 

IMG_20200407_114023

I am building her in the colours of No. 45 Squadron, "Operation Firedog", RAF Kuala Lumpur 1949. Here's hoping I can do the aircraft the Japanese called 'Whispering Death' justice. So far I have cleaned off the sprues in soapy water, and given the cockpit parts a blast of Vallejo primer. Here we go..... 

• Like 5