Little H builds “Her biggest Spitfire yet” FINISHED

Little H loves a Spitfire and has pretty much built one in most of the BlitzBuilds in various colours. With her off school and some numpty left to home school her, we have time to build this beast and learn somethings along the way. 

92355581-F9DF-4396-BC40-584BFF1BADD9

In the words of a rather unknown TV motoring presenter, “What could possibly go wrong?”

• Like 14
  • Haha 10

COOL!  Welcome aboard, "Little H"!  Remember to be careful with super glue, as it really can stick your fingers to the kit, table, yourself, etc.  Of course, the same would be true for the fingers of "Big H", so if you need a bit of freedom from adult supervision...

• Haha 6

Great to see you on here "Liitle H" just between you and me its about time, your dads absolutely shocking at finishing his builds and always taking the micky.

Its long overdue he had some supervision. 

Good luck with your build, and dont be frightened to help your dad with his, hes probably just too shy to ask you himself  !

cheers Pat 

• Haha 6

Little H made a start today. She learned that the engine in a Spitfire is called a Merlin, although the one in this Mk is a Griffon. And she learned who designed the Spitfire. 

5AFB7C8C-AC15-46BF-8147-1F597AD64945

The coffees mine. Little H doesn’t need any extra stimulus. 

CCE46259-E840-4B98-BA2A-719B4B3AD535

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

No, and neither do you. :winkgrin:

Great start Little H, you have done more work on your Spitfire today than I have on mine. Here's a special Easter Chick just for you. 🐥

Oh, and try to keep your dad off the coffee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/04/2020 at 13:17, Hockeyboy76 said:

Just saw this .. was expecting to see a packet of 'Nik Naks' on the side - the snack of choice for kids to go hyper active ;) 

A great start - I wish my 20th Century history lessons had been based around building plastic kits :)

• Thanks 1

Great start!

Think how much more she'd learn if manufacturers still produced the old-style instructions: "glue inlet manifold to cylinder head", "assemble port aileron and insert into port wing lower section" etc etc

• Like 2

Good to see Big H is already confusing Little H by saying the engine is a Merlin but is actually a Griffon!!! :doh:   :D

Great to see Little H getting into the hobby. Nice work on the engine too! :thumbsup:

Hopefully Little H's jokes are better than Big H's!!   :rofl2:

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Home schooling “H style”

FE613671-B4A2-4092-8B88-A7197D61A5C2

Little H has already done an NHS rainbow for our front window, and is now learning about VE Day. These are some bunting pictures she did, we may have our own little indoor street party next Friday. 

We both enjoyed Captain Tom’s birthday flypast by the BBMF this morning on the tv. Hard to believe it’s 23 years ago that I was refuelling them after their flights. 

• Like 8