H builds “A Spitfire Mk VIII” FINISHED

see i should have done what you did......opps sorry we can't talk about that!  :giggle:

But leaving the ailerons off till last is actually a good idea.....especially seeing Eduard couldn't figure out a way to mount them securely!!!!

The Spitfire does look cool with the extended tip and in this scheme! Nice work! :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

see i should have done what you did......opps sorry we can't talk about that!  :giggle:

But leaving the ailerons off till last is actually a good idea.....especially seeing Eduard couldn't figure out a way to mount them securely!!!!

The Spitfire does look cool with the extended tip and in this scheme! Nice work! :thumbsup:

Such praise, ........scanning for sarcasm....... none detected,

thanks Rich. :bandit:

• Haha 3

that looks great! :thumbsup:

what paints did you use? Surly not that old tin of Humbrol paint? 

Hmm that said I still have bottle of Testers Model Master paints that are a couple of decades old and still ok. Enamels don't die easily!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

that looks great! :thumbsup:

what paints did you use? Surly not that old tin of Humbrol paint? 

Hmm that said I still have bottle of Testers Model Master paints that are a couple of decades old and still ok. Enamels don't die easily!

Not that exact tin but one of a suitable vintage, and don’t call me Shirley! I used an old tin of Humbrol 29 for the dark earth, after a good stir to agitate all the goodness gluped at the bottom, it brushed on beautiful direct from the tin & the camo was done freehand trying hardest to follow the pictures. The Mid stone was a newer tin of Humbrol 225 and was just plain awful. :angry:

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I have a question “H” Sorry I don't know your name. I was contemplating doing this aircraft with one of my Mk.VIII’s, are the codes white or light grey. Id have to make them up from spares as mine are over-tree’s. 

Dennis

Hey Dennis, 

“H” is fine, if your building this exact one then the letters HB are white, if your going with RG V then they are light grey.  

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

if your building this exact one then the letters HB are white, if your going with RG V then they are light grey.  

The intention was to build ZP*V however that may change for a couple of reasons. One the decals are from Carpená decals, Ive been warned they can be troublesome so its good to have a fallback. Two though there really is nothing wrong with Day Fighter Scheme of Dk.Green/O.Grey/M.S.Grey. I try to do builds in alternative schemes as often as possible. Third reason is Ive never built a Long wing Spitfire, so Im looking at various Long wing Mk.VIII’s and Camouflage. Fourth is I was hoping to do at least one in the Foliage Green/Earth Brown/Azure, and I have that with my other Mk.VIII build. If you have any thoughts or ideas please say something, I'm always looking for ideas, inspiration,  and info. 

Dennis

23 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Great job bud, looks 'fablus' as they say down in your neck of the woods. :winkgrin:

:rofl:Cheers Dude. It’s a good kit although slightly over engineered. Off to the Lanc now. 

• Like 1