1/72 Airfix Nimrod MR.2

I have one of these to build and I need to get around to it.  Great job!  I love the Hemp scheme.  I read once Hemp was chosen to help it blend in on runways.  

• Like 1

Thank you all for the great comments!

3 hours ago, Richard E said:

Out of interest which AM decals did you use ?

I used Xtradecals MR.2 set (most of the set is complete and I’ll be looking to sell them once the current situation returns to normal) I also used the Model Alliance stencil set. Both sets went down really well, I couldn’t fault them.

When I got the kit I also picked up the Ram Models Retirement set which I’ll also be looking to shift in the future.

Beautiful! I want one of these kits, where did you get the FOD covers from? I'd quite like a set when I build one eventually (got a lot of other projects to get through before I start looking for one of these)

• Like 1

Superb! I used to see these almost every day in the 80s flying into Woodford, I rather took them for granted then. AEW3s too. 

Lovely model this, colours look perfect, beautifully made. Need to do my MR2 at some point to go with my MR1. If it comes out like this I'll be delighted!

• Like 1

Lovely finish, I’m another with one in the stash to do so like seeing such well finished examples to drool over :)

where did you get the engine fod covers from or did you make them?

cheers

• Like 1