1/48 - North American F-86D Sabre Dog by Academy "ROKAF" & Mono Chrome "JASDF" (plastic Revell) - released

Homebee

There was a Revell US release of the late Dog  in 2009 but never made it over to this side of the pond AFAIK.

It will be nice to get a few more to go with the 13 I've already built plus one converted to an F-86L

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, ACE from S.Korea produced Sabre Dog tooling for Promodeler, and in all of its iterations kit was labelled " Made In S.Korea", so more than likely ACE kit

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Mike Esposito said:

This looks good. But wish there was an "L" wing variant out there in 1/48😥

And a decent long winged K. I have built two Special Hobby ones  and have a third making its way up the to do pile but they aren't in the same league as the Revell Ds and the Must Have short winged K.

• Like 1

Before my time, but I want to do a 108th FIS IL ANG f-86L based at O'hare field, 1957 now O'Hare International airport, which is 2 miles where I grew up. I got the Revell D, but want to do a long wing L.

Edited by Mike Esposito

I have just been looking through my ADC Interceptor series No 1 book by Chris Banyai-riple 

There are some gorgeous markings for late model F86Ds inside, 456FIS, 325FIS, and 49FIS would all make nice marking options, and I dont think have been covered by aftermarket decal manufacturers  yet

As Academy is reboxing the Revell Sabre Dog for the Korean market, Mono Chrome is to do the same for the Japanese market with the full support of Academy !

Mono Chrome - 1/48th - ref. MCT501 - North American F-86D Sabre Dog "JASDF"

Release expected in July 2020

Sources: 

https://www.hlj.com/1-48-scale-jasdf-f-86d-sabre-dog-irdmct501

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10699703

10699703p.jpg

10699703t.jpg

10699703a.jpg

10699703a4.jpg

10699703a6.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

With these being limited edition does this mean that we are unlikely to see either boxing in UK without ordering from a 'local' retailer? Not too worried about the Japanese boxing  as I already have done one in those markings and  enough for another.

• 3 months later...