Canberra wheels.

Hi folks

I am researching a future build, particularly, a Canberra B2 for which I will be using the S&M kit as my preferred weapon of choice but true to form, like any Canberra kit I have seen, it does not come with the early, spoke type wheels. I understand that the hub size is 19" on the B2 so my cunning plan is to use the Res-Kit B57 wheel set as it looks very similar to the early spoke type wheel.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RS72-0118?result-token=SkrWy

As I cannot find the hub size for the B57 hub, is it possible to get away with this idea as I am not aware of any aftermarket spoked wheels?

As a footnote, the scale is 1/72 so if there is a small difference in size I may accept it given that the finished item will look correct.

As usual, thanks for looking.

18 minutes ago, 71chally said:

I know who does....

So do I, the oracle of all things Canberra. I did look at his site but could not find the info I was looking for.

I find it frustrating that MicroMir/AMP have them but not the S&M kit, out of curiosity which came first?

The MicroMir T17 came after the initial S&M B2/T4 releases.

The T17 and the S&M B6, contain the revised sprues with the 'more accurate' early wheels and revised wing tip tanks.

The original main wheels are also included.

As mentioned above the later releases of the AMP T11 also contain the revised sprues.

My AMP T11 has the same sprues as the original S&M B2/T4.

Regards

Edited by robc
  • Like 1

I say a little prayer each night hoping someone will take up Mr Adams' mantle, but we'll see.

(I know there's the Air Graphics set, but no front mudguards included).

Regards

Edited by robc
  • Like 1

Thanks @robc and @canberra kid, appreciate your input.

30 minutes ago, robc said:

those Aeroclub wheels......

Indeed, "those Aeroclub wheels" like hens teeth now, especially the V234 offerings. I notice you said that the B6 S&M kit has the earlier wheels on extra sprues, I have this kit so will check.

45 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

But I'd need to dig out the relevant TO. to check

Thanks John, if they are the same across the board then the ResKit offerings may be an option.

• Like 2