Hasegawa or Eduard 1/48 BF-109 G2 to HA112 / G4

WV908

Hi all,

For three years I've been searching for the elusive Hasegawa boxing of BF109 G2 'Black 6' - well I've finally found one but in the meantime I'd purchased an Eduard 1/48 G2 trop, so I plan for the decals to be used on that. 

This means I have a spare G2, that I'd like to convert in D-FWME, a HA112 that's been rebuilt into G4 configuration, with suitable DB605 

FB_IMG_1586252805135

45294865925_200efed4fe_b.jpg

The distinction of these two particular airframes is that D-FWME is the only DB engined 109 I've seen fly and Black 6 is the only one I've sat in - credit to the amazing team that runs Cosford, me and a friend had a full morning poking around that and the '190 on a quiet day a few years back. Their knowledge on the aircraft in the collection there was incredible. I intend to do both aircraft as they are now. 

Does anyone know what work needs doing to convert the kit and which, out of the two kits (Eduard and Hasegawa) is better for which aircraft please?

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908

28 minutes ago, WV908 said:

Does anyone know what work needs doing to convert the kit and which, out of the two kits (Eduard and Hasegawa) is better for which aircraft please?

AFAIK and IIRC the only real difference between a G-2 and G-4 is the wheels,  the G-4 got the thicker tyres, needing the kidney shaped bulges on the wing, and a bigger tailwheel.

The different wheels are shown in the images above,  Black 6 having the spoked type as seen on the E and F as well.

The Hase kit may well have the bulges as 'parts not for use'   This image for a Hase G-2 kit shows them, with the wider wheels.

1862_1_has09853_2.jpg

otherwise either kit will do.   The Eduard kits comes with both types of wheels and tail wheel as well.   You could add the upper wing bulges easily to the Eduard if you wished. 

HTH

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

AFAIK and IIRC the only real difference between a G-2 and G-4 is the wheels,  the G-4 got the thicker tyres, needing the kidney shaped bulges on the wing, and a bigger tailwheel.

The different wheels are shown in the images above,  Black 6 having the spoked type as seen on the E and F as well.

The Hase kit may well have the bulges as 'parts not for use'   This image for a Hase G-2 kit shows them, with the wider wheels.

1862_1_has09853_2.jpg

otherwise either kit will do.   The Eduard kits comes with both types of wheels and tail wheel as well.   You could add the upper wing bulges easily to the Eduard if you wished. 

HTH

Hi Troy,

Thanks - that certainly seems easy enough haha. Did you get my message?

Cheers,

WV908