AVIOCAR. CASA C-212-100. Special hobby 1/72.

Excellent work!

Impressive paintwork - a great practical lesson :)

I feel exactly the same about some of the resin aftermarket - many pieces are relatively easy to replace with scratchbuilt styrene giving a stronger bond and less fragile to manipulation,

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Moggy said:

Excellent work!

Impressive paintwork - a great practical lesson :)

I feel exactly the same about some of the resin aftermarket - many pieces are relatively easy to replace with scratchbuilt styrene giving a stronger bond and less fragile to manipulation,

Cheers, Moggy

Many thanks for your kind words !!

Certainly the detail with plasticard is something that is almost forgotten and many times we resort to resin accessories when everything is much easier with plastic. In this model, for example, I still have to put 3 antennas that I have made with Evergreen 0.2 mm sheet.

Cheers.

Andres S.

• Like 1

After airbrushing Tamiya gloss varnish I have applied the decals.

I always cut the support of the decals as much as possible, with scissors or with the cutter. I have used the Micro liquids for its placement and although the printing of the motifs of the decals is surely not the best that I have seen, all have behaved quite well. I was especially afraid that the decal of the Cross of San Andrés (Which is a tribute / memory of the flag used by the Spanish Infantry Tercios since 1506 and which in time became the first flag of Spain, until 1785) would give me problems due to the corrugated surface of the rudder. However, from its application and after pressing as usual with a piece of kitchen paper, it adapted perfectly. I don't think the Micro liquid to adapt it did more than the pressure with the paper already did. In this sense the decals have behaved very well.

After placing them, I apply gloss varnish over each of the decals again to help make the step between the model surface and the decal surface less abrupt and, when it is definitely varnished with matte or satin, disappear.

Andrés S.

49956145191_9ee38d9d69_o.jpg

49956145161_610b335ee3_o.jpg

49956432297_70c0f74da0_o.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Patrick Martin said:

I am surprised nobody does an aftermarket interior yet.

PM

Well, what surprises me is that there is a Spanish decals producer specialized in aircraft that are or have been in the Spanish Armed Forces called “Series Españolas" and that it does not have decals in its catalog for this iconic aircraft. :dull:

Andrés S.

Edited by Andrés S.

22 hours ago, Parabat said:

That's really coming to life now.

Thanks, Parabat.

Penultimate step.

The last one will be to glue the remaining small pieces (the propellers are only placed for the photos) such as the pitot tubes, navigation lights, wheels, antennas and the access support of the pilots.

The varnish used at the end has been the Vallejo MC matte. I'm not very fond of using matte except for a few things, but as the appearance of these planes, so damaged by the sun and the paint so discolored, I think it appropriate.

Thanks to all of you who have followed the construction of this model, giving me support and encouragement with your comments.

I end this entry and the completed model will expose it in RFI.

Cheers.

Andrés S.

49960374982_749d6e0e96_o.jpg

49960092681_9c1cc60a0b_o.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Very impressive, you can easily visualise that in a heat haze on a Spanish airstrip. 

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

True, but on the airstrip of the Alcantarilla Air Base that is where this plane is or was. Alcantarilla belongs to Granada, Andalucia, in the south. There if the sun is cruel. But Spain is not only Andalucia, in the south. The northern part of Spain is similar to Ireland, very green, lots of rain and little sun.

Andrés S.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Andres: this is a gem, and really looks like the actual aircraft.  It's too bad these have since been retired.

Thanks for your kind words.

Well, everyone's time comes, although I think there are still some left in the parachute school at Alcantarilla AFB. They are advanced in age but have characteristics that seem ideal for that specific task. At least 15 Aviocar were supposed to be in service until this year. I certainly don't know if they still are or have been decommissioned.

Cheers.

Andrés S.

And finished model. Who would like to see the completely finished model can do so at the following link.

I can only thank all the colleagues on the forum who have followed and encouraged me. Thank you.

Andrés S.