FW 200 Condor Civil

So time to start WIP project during this lockdown period. So this kit has been waiting for some time in my stash. I bought this from nice small Berlin shop called Mario's Modellbaustudio, that was just some hundred meters from my old Berlin address. I recommend  to visit there when possible.

FW-200 was designed to be land-plane for Atlantic routes for Deutche Lufthansa. Those routes were at that for seaplanes and short period Condor was most advanced passenger plane in the world. First flight was done 27th of July 1937.  These civil variants were used by Deutche Lufthansa, Syndicato Condor and DDL from Denmark. Condor made last scheduled Deutche Lufthansa flight from Berlin to Barcelona when war was ending. There were other orders from other airline companies too, but those were never delivered.

Special modified condor also made nonstop flight from Berlin to New York that took 24h 56 min. Also flight to Tokyo was performed. 

First prototype was equipped with 875 hp Pratt & Whitney Hornet radial engines and later ones BMW 132G-1 radials. BMW was licence version of Hornet.

Then of course normal pictures what is inside of box. (sorry poor quality of photos, I will use proper camera for next ones.)

Box itself:

bvKMtHH.jpg

And what you can see when open the box.

N57gVxK.jpg

Fuselage halfs. No complains related to quality.

tj3GCI4.jpg

Wing halfs for one wing

nrwWvwC.jpg

And small parts. Wheel wells are very simplified same as cockpit. And there is nothing for passenger area, so let see what I will do for that. Engines might also need some extra work.

1yksPHP.jpg

And clear parts.

HgBLwSC.jpg

Decals look in this picture better than those in reality are. So I need to get replacement ones. Looks that I need to get Print Scale sheet for this.

GVpMHji.jpg

So let see what will come from this.

• Like 7

Looks that this will need more than I was expecting, but something is started. Basically there is nothing for passenger compartment. So something needs to be done there. So our friend evergreen came to help. Next I need to look some photos to create seats. Also what is in instrument panel is totally fiction so that need to fixed somehow. There is decal for instruments that looks more realistic, but no clue if that is anymore usable.

C5RSaQK.jpg

Also I found replacement engines to original ones. http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/302348-new-from-small-stuff-172-pratt-whitney-wasphornet-engines/

• Like 1